AMEX Blue question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, May 29, 2001.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Quick question:

When you log into your account on the Blue website and you click on request a credit increase and you do get an increase, do you get a hard inquiry on your report for this?

Thanks.

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Have their AMEX Hilton Honors Platinum. Started with AMEX Platinum Optima. Every 6 months or so, when you click on credit line increase, been rewarded with Congratualtions, you are preapproved for automatic 500 line increase. If you desire more, this will result in a hard inquiry. Usually system, always saids Sorry, Call for Credit Line Increase. BLUE is the proably the same system.

3. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Got the $500 automatic increase, so I guess no hard inquiry was generated.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I HAD BLUE...NEVER HAD A "PRE-APPROVED" CREDIT LINE INCREASE EVER...IN 18 MONTHS I COULD "APPLY" FOR IT...ALSO WAS DENIED "PRE-APPROVED" CASH-BACK PLATINUM CARD...REFUSED TO CUT THE INTEREST RATE FROM 12.99% TO 10.99%
    WITH-OUT RE-APPLYING...

HAVEN'T HAD GOOD LUCK LATELY...

5. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I think AMEX is very tough in giving the automatic increases because I've had blue since it first came out and never got the increase until now. I think the fact that I carried a balance for the last few months really helped. Before that I used to pay the bill off in full and whenever I clicked on request an increase, I got the "unable to process request at this time" message. I guess AMEX only gives automatic increases to "profitable" customers.

6. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Never rolled over a balance with AMEX, got the automatic 500 twice in 15 months, currently at 9k.