AMEX BLUE UPDATE 9.99%

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Mar 21, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JUST CALLED...said my 12.99% was fixed at time of opening and can't be changed...
    SO I DIDN'T GET THE 9.99%, but he said my payment history is perfect (I KNOW THAT)!!!!

Balance transfer promos will keep comming...

COULDN'T INCREASE THE CREDIT LINE...(I CAN APPLY).

:(

QUANTUM FAILED...AMEX BLUE FAILED.

2. AB

AB Guest

Isn't the rate fixed at 10.99% for new accounts now? Good thing I got this card as soon as it came out. 9.99% forever!!!

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

10.99%...12.99%...14.99%...

9.99% he said was no longer available (limited time only).

Interest rate set at time of application...

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

1 There is a 0.00% introductory APR for purchases during the first six months. Thereafter, a fixed APR of 10.99%, 12.99% or 14.99%, depending on our review of the
    application. A fixed APR of 17.99% applies to defaulted accounts; 23.99% for seriously defaulted accounts.

5. other me

other me Guest

I got changed to the 9.99 as of my Feb. statement. I was 12.99.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WELL YA SNOOZE YA LOSE.

I didn't call fast enough, or I got one of those "UNINFORMED PEOPLE"

7. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Don't worry George. Same thing happened to me. They told me my rate were fixed and if I wanted a lower rate I would have to reply. Although I really would like a 9.99 I'll settle for a 12.99.

Dani

8. Saar

Saar Banned

You must be joking George. No rep would give you that.

You have to speak w/ a Supervisor (Leadership Team member) or a Retention agent. And if nothing goes, try a 10.9% rate. You have a perfect payment history w/ them, they wouldn't give up on you so easily.

If they could afford a 9.9% APR back then, they sure can afford it now with the 1%+ the prime rate fell since.

Saar

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I forgot about Supervisor (Leadership Team member) or a Retention agent...

JASON--AMEX REP ON CARDTRAK ~

"As of 10/01/00, they stopped offering the Blue 9.99%"

MAYBE 10.99%, BUT IT STILL WOULD BE MY HIGHEST PERCENT (SO IT IS WORTHLESS)...

10. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Anyone who was able to get changed should keep a close eye. They changed me back without even informing me.

I was told I was changed back because they weren't allowed to do the transfer the previous rep did. And I did speak with a supervisor. She told me that the rates are set when you are approved for the card, and at this time, you cannot change your rate. What I don't understand is that if the rep did a product transfer, why did they automatically do a product transfer back 2 months later?