amex blue

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rolo, Oct 18, 2000.

1. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

Does any one know the credit standards for this card.does your credit have to be perfect

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I would say it has to be pretty darn good, not sure though others may know more.

3. Jo

Jo Guest

Depends on your definition of perfect...
    but a BK or chargeoff will cause a decline, regardless of age. More than 3 inquiries in the last 6 months are also grounds for denial, as are late pays, over-limits...so, yes, in a matter of speaking, you'll need perfect credit! ;-D

4. David

David Well-Known Member

Jo-

Thanks for the inquiries criteria. I applied with 6 inquiries, and the #1 reason- too many recent credit checks.

5. AMEX  rep

AMEX rep Guest

Min income is 20K, cannot tell you FICO scooe, and like mentioned, no charge-offs, BK's or late payments. Also at least 2 open trade lines for the past 2 years.

6. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I was approved about 6 months ago. I had a lot of inquiries (still trying to get them removed).

Very small credit line though, and they won't increase it (at least not yet).

The only reason I'm even keeping it is because I added a couple of people as authorized users hoping to jump start their credit.

7. David

David Well-Known Member

So if you have 2 trades for less than two years, but everything else is in check, you're still automatically denied??