Amex Blue

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TY, Jan 6, 2001.

1. TY

TY Guest

Can I convert my Amex cash rebate card to Amex blue? Has anyone done that? Thanks in advance.

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Call Amex CS and apply for a product transfer. Be sure to say you want the Amex Blue 10.99% product (there are 12.99% & 14.99 Blue products too). Unfortunately, due to incompatibility in card databases, they may be unable to convert your card to the Amex Blue.

If that happens, apply for the Amex Blue (they'll pull a credit report). If you're approved, fine. If you're declined, call Amex New Accounts M.O.R.E. @ 1-800-947-8192, and ask to have $2,000 (or more) of your existing card limit applied towards to Blue. They'll manually override the denial and approve you. (You can also close your current account to apply the whole credit line towards the Blue).

Saar

3. TY

TY Guest

Thank you,Saar.Since I have two accounts ( cash rebate and small business gold card}with them and both accounts were opened less one years ,I don't want to apply another account at this time.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHY? I have AMEX BLUE and was thinking of adding the cash rebate and dumping BLUE if needed...or keep both.

5. TY

TY Guest

APR for Amex cash rebate card is 19.20 % and you cann't transfer balanc from other card to Amex reward card.

6. Killer

Killer Guest

Saar,

Your comments indicate that you are very knowledgable! If you don't mind me asking, how did you obtain this knowledge? Thanks for sharing.

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

I don't think so, because American Express Rep. called a couple of weeks ago to Upgrade my current Amex Express Optima Platinum to a Hilton Honors Platinum account and I asked him, if I could have the Blue. He said he was not in position to do that. I didn't really push it thou.

8. Eugene

Eugene Guest

TY, that MAY be possible. I know that it is possible to upgrade from Blue to Cash Rebate (GEORGE, this might be interesting to you). I am not sure if you can do it backwards.

What's good about upgrading, they do not pull your credit report and cannot deny you if your account with them is in good standing.

Eugene.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

American Express® Platinum Cash Rebate Card...3.90% BALANCE TRANSFER FOR SIX MONTHS.

10. TY

TY Guest

George,I mean after six months.I tried to transfer balance on line then I could ask low my APR on my balance but I got the message "you cnn't make balance transfer on reward cards ".

11. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Will they let you updrade Blue to their gold card (the Charge card, not credit card)?