Amex Blue

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Who would have thought?

For it is I, the Target declinee, who just got my Blue credit limit raised to $8,500. True, my ways in achieving it were not exactly conventional, but I'm proud of what I've done. The way I see it, it is Amex who benefited the most. Managing credit cards since 1993 (in my native country), always paying well before the due date and well above the minimum, should make me a good credit risk. Some day, my credit scores in the US will reflect that.

This message is aimed more for builders than re-builders, but the final conclusion is: Yes - it is possible, and it is within reach. For everyone.

Saar

2. sph

sph Guest

I was also approved last month for Blue with a 7k limit.I called and asked for an even 10k before the card came and they raised it on the spot!

3. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Saar,good job.As I know Amex never auto increase your limit ,you must request it .

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Great tip. Jason actually mentioned that during the first 30 days of the account's existence, Amex New Accounts are authorized to increase the line by a few grands. But if you call on the 31st day, they'll tell you they need to see some history of activity before reviewing any increase requests...

Saar

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Well Deserved Saar

Applause Saar. It is such a different, and interesting set of problems establishing credit - when you were very respected in a different country; then have to literally "work an undefined system" to acquire your same status here.

I always enjoy and respect your advice.
    Congrats. Dogman

6. Darrell

Darrell Guest

RE: Well Deserved Saar

Happy for you, Saar. Your contributions to this board have been superb.