AMEX Blue

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Hi all, I've had this card ($2,000 limit) for a little over a year now with a good payment history and I'm thinking about asing for an increase in the limit. How is AMEX at granting credit increases on the Blue?

Thanks.

2. Saar

Saar Banned

The are pre-approved increases and there are "upon request" increases.

The latter requires a credit check (hard inquiry) and employment information, including income. The former (if exists) only requires you to say "yes".

To see if you're pre-approved, log on to your Amex online account, select 'view my bill', and then click the 'apply for a credit line increase'. If you get a form to fill, that means you're not pre-approved at this point, and can only go the other route.

BTW, if your Blue APR is > 9.9%, you can try reducing it to that rate (will require one or more phone calls).

Saar

3. Saar

Saar Banned

If you're only pre-approved for a minor increase, don't take it: they enforce a 6-month-interval between increases. This cannot be overridden by a Supervisor or a Retention Agent.

Saar

4. T.Y.

T.Y. Guest

I got balance transfer checks from Amex last week.The offer said if I transfer balance from other card issuers they will increase my credit line ,dallor for dallar,up to $10,000.

5. Peter

Peter Guest

To: Saar

I have one card from Amex, I belong to Amex .com to manage my account. What do I click on to see if I am Pre-approved for another account. Thanks

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: To: Saar

Pre-approved for another ACCOUNT? You're not, unless & until they notify you in writing.

Which Amex card do you currently have, and which card would you like to have?

Saar

7. Peter

Peter Guest

I have optima I would like Green. On the Amex website it says if applying for a account look to see if you are already approved? Where do I look??

8. Saar

Saar Banned

They should approve you for a Personal ("Green").

Call Amex, ask to speak with an Account Manager at Amex Centurion Bank. They can help you.

Saar.

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

AMEX WEBSITE

Saar - hi guy :) Where in the world are you??

Check out the "Apply for a Card" section at Amex.com.

I noticed in the last upgrade, it asks the question if you are an existing cardholder? If yes, please click to the Cards menu. It says it will tell you, by entering your acct gateway (logon) what cards you may already be approved for.

FYI - No Centurion, Platinum, or Gold for the Dogman. :)
    BUT - I frickin LOVE the Personal Card - the Green Card if you will!

CYA Dogman

10. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Re: AMEX WEBSITE

It's true--I went there and they said I was pre-approved for the Platinum card!!!

11. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: AMEX WEBSITE Dog a ?

Wow that's quite interesting, I will keep that in mind for after I've had the card for awhile.

BTW, how is their online payment process, do they post quickly?? Like your expertise on this one Dog:)

Mom

P.S. I will be picking your little Amex brain from now on LOL

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I GUESS I'M STUPID...I found the apply for a card, but the "existing cardholder"? can't find.

Couldn't find "get to what cards you may already be approved for".

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I found a place to fill in a survey to tell you what cards you might find interesting, but nothing about cards you may be already approved for...

:(

14. T.Y.

T.Y. Guest

George,at apply online page ,check " I am alright cardmember",click login.

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I THINK I FINALLY FOUND IT??? I CLICKED HERE...BUT IT IS OUT OF ORDER???

To help us recommend the perfect Card for your needs, please answer a few brief questions.
    If you are an American Express® Cardmember, please log in here.

16. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

PLATINUM - What a WEB We Weave

Jason - get it! You can't get a Centurion until you get invited from Platinum - (unless you work there?)

AMEX is AGAIN demonstrating the MOST INNOVATIVE USE of the Web for any credit company. EXCELLENT. Upgrade with a click. No human - true 100% preapproval - fee charged to Card Account.

Future applications -
    1. A better upgraded insurance policy
    2. medical insurance discounts
    3. safeway discounts

AMEX continuously is the innovator of the industry.
    CYA Dogman

17. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

WEB Payment

Mom - mail from San Fran to Box 0001, LA - 2 days to POST!
    WEB: Click - many times it posts the same day - but within
    2 days anyway. They post 7 days a week.

I often pay a few times a month - that is what is building my reported limits on the credit agencies.

Mom - anything skeptical you have ever heard about or
    any bad practices at any other credit card company NO LONGER APPLIES!

Everything is on the fabulous - truthful - up and up.

MEMBERSHIP BANKING
    Mom - you may want to open a checking or savings at Membership Banking.

Get this - I sent in $1000 without a deposit slip.
    MEMBERSHIP BANKERS put $900 into savings - $100 into checking. REALLY GREAT HUH?

Your experience with a credit card company is about to change forever - in another few days!

cya - dogman

18. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

LOGIN

George - you got it - hit login with your BLUE CARD password. Then it will send you back to the page with the different cards offered. Your pre-approved card should be identified.

I gather Jason got a message saying he got Platinum status.
    Check it out!

Dogman

19. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: LOGIN

I GOT SENT TO THE SURVEY AGAIN AND ANSWERED 7 QUESTIONS~ RECOMMEND NO "PRE-APPROVED"

Based on the information you've given us, we recommend the following Cards.

American Express® Platinum Cash Rebate Card
    American Express® Gold Card
    American Express® Card

20. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: LOGIN

THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE NETSCAPE, so I tried it on AOL...same results NO pre-approved.

:(