amex called about oline app...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tony Verel, Jan 9, 2001.

1. Tony Verel

Tony Verel Guest

received a call today from a rep, verifiying the online app i did on 1.2.01, she called today 1.9.01...asked for the address i put on app. which is a post office box and verify last four digits of social # and how do i want my name to look on card and also if phone number is in my name, (it is not i said).......she said she will continue to process the application and i will receive a letter within 7 to 10 days......does this mean i was already denied?? can anyone let me now...thanks to this board....

tony - san diego

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: amex called about oline ap

with all those questions, she should have approved you on the spot. That is weird. Verification letters are usually reserved for approvals. I would call back and raise cain.

roni

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CALL NOW, (unless it comes up), don't mention the call you got, ask the statis of your credit card.

4. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

NextCard did that to me yesterday. Verified my entire application and couldn't give me a decision. Had to go to another dept. for that.

5. TY

TY Guest

"....how do I want my name to look on card.....",that meant you were approved.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT NECESSARILY...

7. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Have you tried the automated status system? Call 1-800-528-4800, then option 5, then option 4 at the next menus. There's another number that will take you to the same place (directly), but I don't know what I did with it. Good luck!

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Evening J!

Evening Jac - been traveling all week - the AMEX was of course, appropriate. :)
    Dogman