AMEX Called Me :)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by exotic, Aug 27, 2003.

1. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

Got a call from American Express saying I was approved for the Rewards Green Card, I knew that already, he said he wanted to be the first to welcome me to American Express, they also offered me the "Sign and Travel" program, I took it.

Is this a good program??? the guy sounded like a robot when he explained the program, he had me on the phone for almost 45 minutes.

I still haven't even gotten my card yet and they are offering me the world already! LOL......

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Congrats!

Be careful re S&T. That program can give a lot more headaches than benefits. My mom had payments to it that never posted, payments to other charges applied to it and vice versa... and no one could really figure it out.

Otherwise, AmEx is a great company!

3. Slee

Slee Well-Known Member

I agree Marci, sign and travel is sooooo confusing. I have it but will never use it again. Payments post to the regular accounts first, unless you let amex know that it was meant for the sign and travel account. Basically, regular amex is due every month and sign and travel is a revolving line.

4. rjones2002

rjones2002 Well-Known Member

Amen, Im currently having the same problem with a balance that is not budging despite paying the minimum due. Caution, be careful if u decide to put a balance on sign and travel!!! Im talking to hundreds of representatives trying to clear my dilemma and I will tell you that it is "ring around the rosie" and nothing is being accomplished.