Amex cards: Blue vs Optima Pla

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Jan 19, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

If you're considering which one you should apply for, opt for the Blue.

1. APR for the Blue would normally be lower (though Opt Plat may go as low as 9.99%, while for the Blue it's 10.99%).

2. Introductory APR: The Blue wins: 0% for 6 months.

3. Reporting Limits / High balance: The Opt Plat will always report zero credit limit. This hurts my score badly. The Blue will at least report my true high balance. Sure, you could try contacting Amex Credit Bureau Unit (Since this is a family board I'm unable to say what I think of that unit).

4. Rewards: Blue seems to have a great rewards program, the Blue Loot.

5. Tech toys: I recently got the Amex Blue card reader. What a toy! I love it.

6. Online statement: The Blue offers information that Opt Plat holders can obtain only by phone, such as available credit.

If anyone can offer additional information or insights, please do.

Saar

2. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

RE: Amex cards: Blue vs Optima

how are they about b.k.ch 7 5yrs. old I found out my credit score is a 670.(any amex)

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I have blue, but they don't report anything for my limit, not even my high balance.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

What Blue product is it (10.99% / 12.99% / 14.99%)? Mine (and Jason's) are the 10.99%, and they always report our high balance.

If it's higher than 10.99%, call CS and ask for a product transfer to the 10.99%. You'll also get an intro APR as if it were a newly-issued card

Saar

5. the other

the other Well-Known Member

It's the 12.99. I'll call and ask for the product transfer.