AMEX CENTURIAN BANK/SECURED

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Michael, Nov 6, 2000.

1. Michael

Michael Guest

I saw the great work Killer did for us regarding the secured card product Amex Plans to offer in 4-5 months time.

As he was told to open a account with Centurian Bank, I will share this.

Centurian Bank (A.K.A. Membership Banking)
    Is probably the easiest net bank account to open. They verify you with Chex system but after that it's over, no credit check!

They even accept the ITIN number which no other internet bank has yet to do!

I suspect that AMEX will report to the CRB's the Secured Optima Card they will offer in the future. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: AMEX CENTURIAN BANK/SECURE

I opened a Membership Banking (Interest Checking) account nearly a year ago in January, and they posted a soft inquiry on Experian.

They also do account reviews every once in a while...

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: AMEX CENTURIAN BANK

They pulled my report - experian I think and chex when I opened Membership Banking - I opened both chkng and svngs - which helped (I believe)get me the AMEX Green Card.

Dogman

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I read on the chexsystemsbites web site the following:

"American Express Membership B@nking does verify new accounts with ChexSystems however they will often grant an account after performing an alternate validation when they find a negative in your ChexSystems record. Grade: C (preliminary -- we need to hear of more experiences good or bad with them!)"

You this this is so? I guess the only way to find out is if someone on Chexsystems tries to open up an account and reports back to the boards.

I looked over all the Centurion banking stuff and the only thing that I don't like is the fact that your ATM card doesn't *double* as something else (ie visa or mc). Wouldn't that be cool if they had an Am/Ex check card? Humm...

I have been reported on chexsystems....maybe I should try to open up an account and see what happens? I need to hustle up some money to deposit first! Payday is a week away...

5. Killer

Killer Guest

Thanks MP$40! Please let us know if you try open an account. Thanks again!

6. niecy25

niecy25 Well-Known Member

RE: AMEX CENTURIAN BANK/I just

I am on Chex system I just applied. I will let the board know what happens. I just called and spoke to customer service. He told me to call back on Friday and check status before I send out a deposit.(called to tell him I wanted to know if I was approved first before deposit is sent)

7. Killer

Killer Guest

RE: AMEX CENTURIAN BANK/I just

Great! Please let us know!

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Cool, Cool, Cool!!

Cool Niecy!

I'm glad you applied! I didn't want to be the lab rat!

Please find out ASAP and report back! If it's all good, then I'll open up an account! I'm really anxious to know your outcome!

I already have my *secret* account that I stuff money in at Washington Mutual but I don't like it there too much. I think Am/Ex would work out for me better.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Dang dogman, you didnot mention that b4. I got to jump on it.

roni.

Dogman wrote:
    -------------------------------
    They pulled my report - experian I think and chex when I opened Membership Banking - I opened both chkng and svngs - which helped (I believe)get me the AMEX Green Card.

Dogman

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

sorry kid - but they are good!