Amex Centurion Card!!!!!!........

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Jul 14, 2002.

1. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

OK, here's my other leg. ;)

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I had the AMEX GOLD years ago...it worked fine...

You can get almost everything the PLATINUM has for $320 less...

$75 vs. $395

THE GOLD+REWARDS IS $150

http://www66.americanexpress.com/ca...091024514/20/n/3/12/13/17&from=200&mgmID=null

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I was starting to wonder where my preapproval was.......

yeah right. like I have that much money, hahahahaha!!!

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Maybe you could say your card was *lost* and go to the nearest AMEX travel services and PAY the person to print you up a card using the BLACK card instead of green, gold, platinum, etc. I think one way to know if it was a *fake* Black card is if you compare the first 4 digits of the card number.

Besides...the travel offices probably don't have blank black cards. If you were a TRUE Centurion customer and you lost your card, they would probably send a Rep to where ever you are at the time and personally deliver you a new card! I wouldn't be surprised.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'LL TAKE THAT JOB...$9,000/MONTH AND ALL THE AIRLINE MILES I CAN GET (I KEEP)...AMEX CARD DELIVERY REP...

6. Cadillac408

I did hear or read somewhere that an American Express representive does deliver your AMEX Black card in person. Any truth to that???

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I SAW IT ON WWW.CARDTRAK.COM (I think)...

8. charlieslex

charlieslex Well-Known Member

There was a thread awhile back that had the Centurion and its perks. I tried to find it last week, because a friend says that her mom runs her cruise business thru it. I couldn't find it. It was one that was taking the invitation only out of the card and raising the fee to $3500, I think. Charlie

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I think it wasMP$40 that saw a person pay for something with a BLACK CARD - maybe in Las Vegas...
    Somebody said, "You must be rich to carry a card like that one...."
    The BLACK Cardmember said, "Yes, I am....."

aarrffff - dogman

10. Cadillac408

You never cease to amaze me Dogman! LOL...

I'm going to call AMEX and see if they'll make you an honorary Centurion Card Member!

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I can see it now...the AmEx rep shows up to deliver my card while I'm out cutting the grass....

12. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

MP$40,

They invited me for a faked Amex Plat...First 4 digits don't match the Plat card and pulled a HARD for invitation....

Herman

13. Cadillac408

Huh? How did this happen?

I know each AMEX product is distinguished by the first 4 digits of the card number. Why would they pull a hard for the invitation?? I'm befuddled.

14. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I would imagine the answer is no......
    aarrfff - dogman

15. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Mp$40,

Well, let me clarify and cut to the beef although it may sounds amusement and facinating...LOL!

Last year, we all learned tremendous insider info from Jason-AMEX Rep. This is what he said:

" When you upgrade from a Personal to Gold or Platinum, unfortunately, the account number will change because you are changing " card families " -that means from one group to another. In fact the account numbers determine what type of account you have and the billing cycle. Personal usually begin with 3783, 3784, Gold with 3727,3717, and Platinum with 3713. Of course the next 6 digits determine other aspects of your account ( demographics ) , and the last 5 or more for tracking purposes ( basic or supplemental and card issuance ). However, if you have a Personal and upgrade to a senior Personal, the Account number stays the same. This is also true if you go from Gold to Rewards Plus Gold."

Well, I'm confused! My Amex Plat Card is not 3713??? Would you believe it??? ---> Its 3712.....

BTW- My Secured Optima is 3713....LOL!!!

Herman

16. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Seriously, I must say Dogman deserved the Amex Platinum Card more than anybody in here, agree? Yes!!

Perhaps Amex decided to give him a Centurion Card and soon. WE are request in a humble manner to pray for him.

Herman

17. Cadillac408

...in a humble manner? LOL...cute Herman.

O.k. so there seems obviously be some changes regarding their products. I got the Gold Fidelity AMEX card and when I upgraded to Platinum, the card number (3715....) DID NOT change! Only thing that changed was the 4 digit code above the number. And even then, they just switched 2 numbers. I thought that was suspicious. I was like, I wonder if my card is a true Platinum card?? Then I was like, yeah....must be since it came in a really nice box w/ a 80 page manifesto to read regarding the card. I'm hoping they wouldn't spend that sort of money on the packeting and materials that came with the card if it was a *fake* card.

18. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

Mebbe you can get a Secured Centurion Card as a starter? ;^)

19. luxury4me

luxury4me Well-Known Member

That is kind of strange having the number start with a 3715. Mine starts with a 3713 and those are also the numbers that they start with when showing ads for the platinum card, such as the one in departures magazine.

20. Cadillac408

So what are you saying??? LOL...