AMEX charge cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Mar 15, 2001.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Hi all, I actually got 2 pre-approval letters for the AMEX Green a couple of years ago. Since then, I applied and got the AMEX Blue and Optima Platinum. I might apply for the AMEX Platinum charge card in about a year after my recent inquiries get wiped out. Is it much easier to get the Platinum charge card if you already have the Blue and Optima Platinum cards? or does AMEX equally considers other factors as well like being in a certain income range?

Thanks.

2. jason

jason Well-Known Member

It helps to have "in house" credit with AMEX if you are going for the Platinum charge card, but not having it will not exclude your approval

3. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

You should try for the Gold card first. The Platinum card has a $300/yr membership vs. the gold cards $75/yr. You will get an invitation for the Platinum after a couple of years of gold card membership.

http://www.creditsense.com

4. T.Y.

T.Y. Guest

I got Amex small business gold card last July and only charge about $200 monthly.Last week I got pre-approved for Amex Corp Platinum Card .I am not going to response this pre-approved Since I don't travel for business .