Amex Charge Hurts Your Fico Score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JustMe, Jun 20, 2001.

1. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

May I have that person's name? They are worthy of an interveiw.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Re: COMMENT? ME MP$$?

Been fine down here. Hot as HELL let me tell you....oh and by the way.....did I tell you that I got a new roommate? His name is Loucypher and he's from Firey Pitts, Hell! He was sitting in my livingroom one day (must of been 115 in my little shoe box apt. on the TOP floor) and refuses to leave!! Thank GOD I have AC in both my cars. AC in my apt is not an option at the moment..

Well.....gotta jam......need to dail into this all employee meeting to see when my job will be GONE. We are having MAJOR layoffs here.....MAJOR. My job will be gone in January w/ a 3 month severence package (so it's rumored...I'm waiting to hear that from the horses mouth). Guess I better start paying all my cards, etc. off and get out of debt.

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Call em up and take the unemployment insurance, just in case, MP!!

No A/C?? You need to get the heck out of that town girlfriend. ;)

breeze

4. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Tom,generally a charge card has to be paid in full every month,and a revolving card,you can carry a balance from month to month.A Target card is actually a revolving account,not a true charge card.

5. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

I have been under the impression (based on information from FTC's site and other sources) that a Travel and Entertainment card such as Amex Charge or Diners Club has a potive effect on FICO because it provides "a good mix of credit".

I don't think having an open account in itself can be considered a bad thing. Most people have utility company accounts, wireless accounts and they are all open accounts.

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

We should talk further MP.
    I know two HUGE companies that are hiring and will be hiring thru next year in MV, in our industry.

snap me an email at dogmansf@aol.com :)
    dogman

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Email sent! Good lookin out!

8. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Received my card today.