AMEX COBALT CARD

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Michael, Nov 19, 2000.

1. Michael

Michael Guest

Can those of you who applied let me know if you have received the e mail to fund your card, and have you received the card.

What type of a wait is involved for both the funding, and the card?

2. TommyC

TommyC Guest

Applied 3 weeks ago, and logged into the site this afternoon, and it stated that they are still processing my application. Still waiting for the email to fund the account. TommyC

3. Robert

Robert Active Member

When you say that you logged onto the site, does this mean that you have received an email verification from them, or did I miss something when I enrolled?

4. TommyC

TommyC Guest

Hi Robert,
    When you sign up for Cobalt Card, you select a User ID and Password, so that you cann log on later. When I logged on today at work, I got the standard message: "Your application is being processed. Please allow up to 2 weeks for approval, at which time, we will notify you to submit your funding source by email notification (paraphrased)." I'm still waiting for the email notification after 3 weeks. Hang in there, TommyC

5. Dario G

Dario G Guest

Hey I applied a while back and I got an email from the customer service manager (it was a general e-mail to everyone) but it said something like they got more applications then they expected and my application was still being processed and they will let me know of their decision in 10 days. Well its been about 15 or so (I stopped counting). I am starting to think that this card doesent even exist. Sorry about the spelling its late.

6. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: ANY CONTACT 4 AMEX COBALT

Do any of you have a contact phone # for this card product???

7. niecy25

niecy25 Well-Known Member

1-888-353-5884

8. Killer

Killer Guest

Called 1-888-353-5884 and spoke a very nice lady. She stated that Cobalt was launched on 10/11/00 and the response was too much for them to handle. She stated that the system was designed to enroll people within hours. A computer software problem coupled with an overwhelming response has held things up. She stated that they hope to have everyone processed within the next 2 weeks but currently no one is being processed. She stated that absolutely no credit check will be ran on enrollees. She stated that they use some sort of data systems company to verify SSN and address. If they can't verify, they contact the enrollee for assistance. I specifically ask her would I get an inquiry from the credit bureaus and she said no.