Amex Cobaltcard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SisterGirl, Jul 17, 2001.

1. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Hi everyone...

I just wanted to elaborate on a situation that has preturbed me .

I've had the Cobaltcard since March 2001 & have had no problems(until now).When I set it up,I entered 5 various cards to fund my account.

My situation stems from the most recent change in administration of access for funding. They now restrict you to 2 cards for funding within a 6 month period.

Nevetheless,they are not telling users of the circumstances until they happen into the "situation".

Believe me,I have names,phone #'s,& e-mail address to key people(not that uninformed customer service that don't know squat).

I was initially told to delete & re-add 2 card accounts that I want to retain,but now I cannot add ANYTHING because their stupid system still is holding all of my "other" accounts that were removed 3-4 weeks ago(?????).

I received a call from Linda Hall/AMEX office in Omaha,Nebraska that wanted me to fax statements from the 2 accounts that I want to use(I don't THINK so,due to the integrity of the receipient),& my comment to her was "you had no problems with my other accounts".

At this point,there is no benefit to keep Cobaltcard if I cannot fund it(checking/savings funding option has been down for at least the last 45 days w/no ETA).

Sister Girl

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Lovely! :-(

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh no!! on my way to check it out now.

Ummm guys, they haven't run into one of our massive assaults before, LOL. Let's see if we can make them change it, before we give up our cards.

But I agree it's not worth it if you can't fund it however you want.

breeze

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Mine hasn't changed - yet!

breeze