Amex.com VS Accountonline.com

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Nov 5, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice the "LACK OF" quality on the american express online account mangement.

Say in comparison to "citi" accountonline?

Half of the time the amex charge account system is broken, most of the links don't work, and the site is archaic and ugly?

I mean really. I expected better than this. Take a hint amex, and hire some website programmers...

MBNA is beautiful (i dont have it i saw it), Citi is pretty good. But amex?? Wow what a piece of C**p.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have been trying all day to send my 5th on-line "SECURE" e-mail...it is "DOWN"...

I am tired of getting the run-around on the phone, and NOBODY responds to my e-mail when I send it...

No answer to PFB either.

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Last week Citi's payment system was down for a bit I tried for a while to make a payment, to no avail...luckily I was a few days ahead of my normal "online" payment date so I was OK...but if you don't send in a snail mail payment, and rely on these online ACH services...UPTIME is CRUCIAL ... I mean like $29 fee and 29% APR crucial.

I agree though Sam, I like Citi's online system when it is up and running. Accountonline.com is wonderful, I have 3 other cards on there and it is a nice consolidation...wish my other cards would be added to the affiliated system list.

-Peace, Dave

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Fortunately, the place where all of the Citibank payments are mailed is about a mile south of my front door. If the online system is ever down when I need to make a payment on my new card I can just take a jog down the street.

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

WAY COOL!!!...so if I come close to missing a payment I'll wire you some cash and maybe you could jog for me too :) Not that you need the exercise, but what ELSE is there to do in Vegas anyway?? LOL

-Peace, Dave

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

So do they have a slot machine inside their door?

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Nope. It's just this huge building that used to be out in the middle of nowhere until the town started growing so fast. Now with the new freeway they're putting in that circles the whole valley it's practically in the middle of town.

8. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

In my opinion by far the best and most reliable is JUNIPER BANK.

As far as responsive...no contest, Juniper, payments next day as long as by 11.

My2kgt

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Both my wife and I got a big "DENIED" from them...

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Although I like Citi's online site overall I hate their payment processing 3-4 days after you make payment sometimes longer yuck. Amex posts your payment that day and discover posts the next day. Amex even post payments on Saturday and don't take your payment out of your account until Monday. Also Citi makes you wait 6 business days to set up your payment even when you add another account.