Amex Corp Card - GOT IT!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mvfl, Apr 17, 2001.

1. mvfl

mvfl Guest

I posted a week ago that I had just applied for the corp card through my employer. Yesterday I got the acceptance letter in the mail! I could not beleive it. It was based on my credit file, they pulled Experian. I was worried that I would get denied and that my employer may or may not back it for approval but that wasn't even neccessary ;)

The card should be arriving today or tomorrow...

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Amex Corp Card - GOT IT!!!

Congrats:)

Mom

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Way to go! ;o)

4. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I have heard that corporate credit cards are not reported to Cr bureaus.

5. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you. Maybe, since they pulled your credit file, you will be able to use this card as leverage to get your own:)

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Told you so! ;-)

Yes this card DOES NOT report to CRA's......only if you are like 60+ days delinquent or something.

Also, this card has NO LEVERAGE AT ALL when applying for your own card as I know this first hand.

Congrats!

7. MistyEyed

MistyEyed Well-Known Member

I had a corporate card for over a year and it never once was reported. Also when I left the company I left the state to take another job and the bill didnt catch up to me for about another 2-3 months so it was quite late when i finally paid it and it never reported on my reports.

Misty

8. mvfl

mvfl Guest

It stated in my acceptance letter that my credit file will not be altered by the inquiry or by my having an account. I think I read somewhere that they only report if you completely default or don't pay for 180 days. I know that it won't get me any leverage to get my own Amex, but I really don't need one now. I have other cards but I really needed this one for business travel (my other cards have low limits).

Thanks for all the support! ;)

9. keltex

keltex Guest

First off, congrats.

I find myself in the same predicament-need to apply for this, but hesitant because of my score (high 500s). I have lots of lates, two collections. Just signed up with Junum. MVFL, Do you happen to know your score?

10. mvfl

mvfl Guest

I have a 569 on Equifax, but they pulled Experian which is a little better for me. I've heard that for the corp card they mostly just look for a Bankruptcy and probably want you to have some positive credit. But obviously their approval standards are much lower for the corp card than for the regular. They have to be, otherwise they'd lose a lot of money cause corporations would have to use a different card if enough employees were turned down. You should apply for the card.

11. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

12. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Congrats!

13. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

mvfl - that's encouraging to hear! I have a friend who got a pre-screened offer for the Gold Corporate as well as the Blue for Biz cards but her credit is shot. If they're not going to rely on personal history then perhaps she could get it?

14. wondering

wondering Guest

Wow, that is good news. My husband is in the same situation, with a score of 607 so I guess that shouldnt be a problem??? Thanks for the info