Amex corporate card update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by new here, May 9, 2001.

1. new here

new here Member

Hey everyone! I am the one who posted last week because my company was requiring that I apply for the AMEX corporate card, and I was scared to death I would be turned down. Well, yesterday I got it, and it came with a letter stating they pulled my credit report and I met their standards for creditworthiness!!!! Go figure! I just wanted to post to give others hope, because I NEVER thought I would get the card!!!

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

How's your credit?

3. new here

new here Member

not very good, FICO 607 on equifax but they pulled Experian.

4. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Amex Corp. Card standards are pretty lenient-- by the same token, they are VERY careful to monitor these accounts. You may find that they want your bank account information, or that they will question you on charges at retail stores.

Be careful with it, NEVER let it go past 60 days -- 30 days if you want memb. rewards points. Always turn in your expense reports promptly!

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I agree! I turned in my expense report late one time and I lost MR points for that billing cycle! :-(

Never go more than 60 days....or else there will be trouble. Go 90+ days and your account is GONE! An employee here at my job went over 90 days late one time. His balance was $16 and that was for some traveler's check fees or something. Those fees were totally expensable and all he had to do was submit a report for it. Talk about ignorant! I wouldn't risk a bad credit rating over $16.....and this guy drives a Lexus.....GO FIGURE!?

Am/Ex never requested my banking info....maybe because they already have it on my Gold and Optima accounts???

I have never been questioned on retail charges. Probably because my retail charges consist of Office max, Costco, Staples, etc. When I worked at Macy's a lady gave me a Corporate Am/Ex card to use and the charge suspended. I had to call and Am/Ex asked me what she was purchasing and I told them (clothes). DENIED!

6. melsy

melsy Member

MP$40...

If you are late by 30 days you don't get the reward points? How about 1 or 2 days late? My bill is due by May 12 - do I have a grace period? I haven't been late at all and don't plan to but I'm just curious.