Amex credit increases

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, Sep 20, 2001.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Hi all, I have AMEX Blue and I was wondering if I log on to the AMEX website and click on request a credit increase would this result in a hard inquiry on my report or would it only be a hard inquiry if I fill out and submit the form requesting my income, employer and mortgage info?

2. sph88

sph88 Well-Known Member

Only if you fill out the form!

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

No, no, no. Steve don't do it that way. Call Amex's customer service department (877) BLUE-741 and ask customer service for a credit line increase. They should transfer you to Centurion Bank. Their reps will look at your payment history and ask how much you're asking for. They will ask for your household income and will give you an increase on the spot. They don't pull your credit report and they're the nicest people to deal with. Last time I called I got an additional $5000 on the spot. They're truly the best.

Dani

4. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I just called Amex today and they told me that I was not eligible for an increase until January because I got an increase (via the website) last June on Blue.

As it stands, my Blue limit is still $2,500 (increased from $2,000 initial limit). My Optima Platinum limit is $3,000. I tried to get an increase on this card as well, but they said that I would only be eligible in January. Oh well, I guess I'll wait till then to increase my limit.

It's too bad that Amex allows only one credit increase in a 6 month period of time on one account. MBNA is giving me $1,000 automatic increases every two to three months.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY BLUE, 18 MONTHS, NO INCREASE...THEY SAID I COULD "APPLY" ON-LINE...

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Steve:

All you have to do to get an increase is apply for another one of their credit cards (you can apply online though their web site, enter your login info, and choose a card).

Once they approve it, you can combine it w/ any one of your existing accounts w/ them.

Saar