Amex Delta Sky -> Optima Platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Oct 30, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Product transferred before activating my card.

They said "NO TO BLUE", but how about Optima Platinum Card no annual fee Prime+4% !!

Much better than 16.9% and $55/year i have to say.

They were very nice, and their security is top notch.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Congrats SAm, I figured you would jump on that news and it worked out well for you:)

3. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

Applied Amex Delta Skymile caredit card on Oct.22,checked their auto phone system today and got a message ;they need additional info and a letter has sent to me.I have an account with them for 2 years.

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Wow Sam! Now you really got me wondering. They DID offer me Blue but not Optima Platinum.

5. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Sam.how do you go about the product transfer? I have just received the Delta Gold Sky Miles card and I am not impressed with 2K-CL,400 cash advance.THANKS.

6. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Bump.

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Call up customer service, tell them you are interested in closing the account as the terms are not satisfactory. They will ask you what are not satisfactory. Ask to see if they will give you blue or optima platinum with better terms, they will. You can nag about the limit too, but i wasn't going to push my luck.

8. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Sam.thanks for the prompt response.

9. Cadillac408

Monkey see...monkey do!

O.k. Sam!

I just made the call. Said that I will not be doing any travel on Delta anymore and would like another card. He tried to offer me the Hilton Plantinum card. I said no....I just want a basic non affiliated card. He offered me Optima Platinum at prime + 6% and no annual fee. He stated that my new card will arrive in 2-3 weeks and when I activate it, my old card will be terminated. He encouraged me to use my old card in the meanwhile and that any miles that I accumilate I will be able to keep.

I didn't push for better terms, etc. I just wanted to get in and get out with out hassle. I'll work in the limit and terms later when I get the card in my hands.

10. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

Re: Monkey see...monkey do!

sam & mp$40,

what were your scores when u got the delta sky card? Do you know if you have to have a tradeline open for over one year to apply?

Thanks,
    -Roman

11. sam

sam Well-Known Member

awesome! I wanted blue, they said no. Oh well platinum optima? Thats an excellent card!! what a wonderful foot in the door with amex huh? These guys are getting smarter, and well they need too, to remain competitive.

12. Cadillac408

Mine was 650. It is my understanding that 650 is the cut off. My earliest major card dates back to 1992. I've heard that you have to have a major card for at least a year...mabye even 2. Someone else might be able to elaborate.

13. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i had a little less than a 650. My newest open tradeline is like 18 months old.

14. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

Aren't their "cash rebate" or "platinum cash rebate" cards similar, but better products?

15. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Best Value Guarantee
    With the Best Value Guarantee, you'll pay the lowest price available on items purchased with the Card. If you see a covered item advertised in print for less than you paid within 60 days of the purchase date, we'll refund the difference to you, up to $250 per item.2

^^ The optima platinum has this cool "blue" feature too!