Amex Denial Letter, bunch of b

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Sep 27, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well my hubby got the denial letter today, it states too high loan amounts/balances, funny he only has one high balance
    too many accounts, WHAT he has 3 count them 3
    Limited or insufficient installment credit experience
    Too few satisfactorily closed trade lines

They pulled experian, which is his best, I just wanted him to have another good tradeline don't know who else to go with.

He won't call them either argg, I can't since it was in his name, he could care less but I want to estabish a good credit history for him:(

2. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: Amex Denial Letter, bunch

Don't you just love how the reasons contradict each other.

"Too many accounts" and "Insufficient credit history" Go figure this one!

See my post about First USA same B.S.

3. David

David Well-Known Member

What does the "too few satisfactorily closed tradelines" mean? Do you have derogatory accounts that are closed?

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Nope, I have no idea what that means. He has one tradeline that was closed this past april, never late perfect payment history for it so I swear they make these excuses up as they go

5. JP

JP Guest

Mom

Why not stop applying for everything for 9-12 months and just let the accounts you have mature. Continue to make timely payments on the accounts you have and your score will rise.

Regards,
    JP

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey JP, long time no talk here:) Well actually this was for my husband, I was trying to get him another good tradeline, I myself have been a good girl only one inquiry in the last six months, aren't you proud??

7. AMEX  rep

AMEX rep Guest

If your hubby cares less, then why the fuss? You have a right to question the judgement, call them and challenge thier decision and have a supervisor look it over. Which card did he apply for? IT took me 2 years to get an AMEX, I know that it is frustrating, but be persistant!

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am fussing because I am concerned. He applied for the "Blue", the offer he recevied from his worthknowing.com, which AMex seems to know nothing about?? Hmmm

9. mick

mick Guest

So what is the deal??? On the American Express Web site it is displayed in black in white that the Secured Optima Account will be consider after a year to be come unsecured. First of all I had the secured optima account. Kept the account in perfect condition and a full year. Why did the Customer service rep. tell me that my account was unsecured and I will recieve my deposit in the mail in a few weeks just to stop me from closing the account????
    Then I paid the annual fee and called back 1 month later and someone else told me I would have to reapply.
    And on top of that I closed that account over 2 months ago and where is my money???
    Why did that AMEX customer service rep. did not try to stop me from closing my account considering 9 years ago I had the GOLD Card and they begged and pleaded with me to keep it open (of course the $75 dollar fee was due) Someone even called me back pleading with me to keep my GOLD CARD account open.
    Now that my credit is better I will never consider a American Express Credit Card or any other product EVER.
    I feel American Express will treat you like trash if something is wrong with your credit
    However Now My Credit is Good all future offers of credit from American Express will hit the TRASH CAN.
    Now I don't blame anyone who feels they have been decieved from AMEX and that what going on at AMEX.

10. JP

JP Guest

Mom I'm very, very proud of you. Keep the faith and things will look up real soon! Its a long road back to excellent credit, but the best people are the ones who make a comeback and then keep it all clean.

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hey Mom - just wait six months or so and do it again - we know YOU were more motivated
    about getting the Card than your hubby.

The next great offer will come to you :)
    Dogman

12. mick

mick Guest

Just venting.....actually I am really waiting 8 months to apply for either Wells Fargo Platinum or Chase Shell Platinum Card
    I am not sure which one to apply for.
    Maybe I should apply for both I know then I will be approved....what do you think Dogman:)

13. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Mick - I did see a picture of the shell plat card and I did think thats a nice looking card.

Don't know though - haven't looked at either one. CYA Dogman

14. bg

bg Guest

Hi Mom, I had a similar situation with Direct Merchants Bank a while back, Now
    this is a worthless Bank. They declined me for the reasons of: 1. Foreclosure (we live in an apt.) 2. Repossesion (never had one
    ever) 3. Unsatisfied civil Judgements (never
    had one of these either.) When I called to
    tell them I had none of these they told me I got a Generic Denial Letter and they would send me a letter from their credit department stating the real reasons for denial. Never got that either. So I'm thinking your husband probably got a generic denial letter also. It sounds like the same
    crap to me. I filed a complaint with the BBB
    against DMB and they wouldn't even give them
    any help so they added another complaint to DMB file. I would stay clear of this Bank.