Amex denial. Why?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Becky, Jun 1, 2001.

1. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Recently I applied for an Amex Blue card. Equifax was pulled. I have a 751 beacon score with them. More then enough income. I had recently pulled my report to see what was on it before I applied for this card.

This was the reasons on the denial letter:

Delinquency reported on accounts ( I had two 30 days)

Proportion of loan balances to loan is too high (I don't have any loans out at the moment, none showing open on the report)

Too many recent credit checks (there was one since Feb. & the last one was in August, 2000)

Delinguency date too recent, or unknown (What? the 30 days was from 2 1/2 years ago.)

None of this corresponds with what the credit report I got says. Anyone know what is going on? Thanks.
    Becky

2. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Call Amex and plead your case. You can always ask for a reconsideration from a human rep.

Good Luck

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Their main bureau is XPN. If they pulled EFX, it was probably in addition to XPN. For me they pull XPN + TU.

Call 800-962-7227 to find out.

Saar

4. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Sounds like they pulled 2 reports (isn't Beacon TransUnion's scoring model? Are you maybe getting TU confused with another?)

2 30-day lates probably doesn't help - keep in mind everyone knows a 30-day late reported was really 60 days, so if you plead your case, have a good explanation (traveling overseas, ?)

Why not call those 2 reported 30-day accounts and beg to have them updated as never late? Many card companies will do it for customers who are now current.

Good luck-
    mj

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Nope, he's not confused. Trans Union's score is the Empirica.

Saar

6. mj

mj Well-Known Member

THAT'S IT! I couldn't remember it last night (too lazy to look it up)--

TU = Empirica Score
    EFX = Beacon Score
    EXP = FICO Prospect Score