Amex deniel for hubby:(

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Sep 20, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well he got denied, I just called automated system will receive letter yada yada, so much for those offers from worthknowing.com, oh well, I thought these were just banners ads anyway, guess I was right!

2. Michael

Michael Guest

Why not call Amex and find out why he got denied and see if you can either get a review of the denial, or at least some guidance towards getting approved down the line!

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Mom - give AMEX a Card directly. Why not have you and your husband on, then tell them you'd like to be transferred to an Acct Mgr at Centurion Bank (salt lake city).

Explain your situation, the both of you have income etc, and you would like a Green Card.
    You also know (from another friend) that an Acct Manager might be able to help look at a situation "manually".

Also explain your potential to them as an asset- you will be interested in AMEX Financial Planning Services, and you do want Membership Rewards.

REMEMBER!!!!! I was immediately declined by the FICO system - but my Acct Mgr overrode it!

Go Mom- your now on step 2!
    Do it - you went this far - keep following it through until you get approved!

FYI PUBLIC - I don't think worthknowing as a referral is worth crap!
    AMEX is much more interested in helping people who call or email them directly.

If I were AMEX, I wouldn't jump at 10,000 leads from worthknowing.com.

Mom, do it - also do it when the REPS are relaxed - maybe 10 in the am to explain your situation.

Let us know of additional roadblocks.
    Dog

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Dog

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

It'll work. Look how lucky you are already-
    a husband, 3 kids - gosh you're blessed.

I envy you Mom - not too many "traditional"
    families in my neighborhood in San Fran :)

Now get on the horn and get a Green Card-
    in both of your names :)

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Dogman, you are so sweet:)

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Do it, Mom! Other people have called AmEx and gotten some great advice.

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

:) thx -you 2 mom