AMEX EXPERTS-PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tareco, Apr 26, 2001.

1. tareco

tareco Well-Known Member

About 3 years ago I had an AMEX Corporate card through a company I worked for on a limited project. Initially, I was paying my bill in full each month but then the company was very slow to reimburse expenses. We were also supposed to receive a 2500 bounus for completing the project which NO ONE ever received. This is a large company which trades publicly on the NYSE. I believe the balance owed was just over $1000 and I was not in a position to pay out of mu own pocket Anyway, i've been offered another position which also uses AMEX as their corporate card. This old AMEX shows on my CR as a charge off currently. I'm wondering what my options are here. Do you think AMEX would issue another card to me under this other company? If not, any suggestions or am I screwed?

2. Jason-AMEX

Jason-AMEX Guest

Re: AMEX EXPERTS-PLEASE HELP!!

I would call them and see what your options are. Unfortunately, the terms of the card are that if your comapny cannot pay, you are ultimately responsible for the charges. But I would call and see what you can work out with them

3. pat

pat Guest

I'm not an expert, but I have had a similar situation. I had an AMEX Gold (personal) which AMEX closed on me for a number of reasons. In my current job, they got me a Corporate AMEX Gold. The card is in the Companies name with my name secondary. The bill goes to my company, which they pay, and the card doesn't show up on any of my credit reports. If you can have your Company take the responsibility, I think you would get it. I actually wish this would show on my CR's. It sees thousands a month that are always paid on time.
    pat

4. tareco

tareco Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses. I will try calling them. I think it's interesting that they don't report a corporate card until you are delinquent!

Jason, do you work for AMEX??

5. Jason-AMEX

Jason-AMEX Guest

Yes, in consumer retention