Amex Express Cash Program

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by brad, Jul 16, 2001.

1. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard of this program? I don't have a American Express card, but they sent me a confirmation of my account, with a pin number. Anyone know anything about this solicitation?

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

huh? I think I would call them. Do you have any accounts with AmEx? This doesn't sound like a solicitation, sounds like someone has an account with your name and address on it.

breeze

3. Mike2

Mike2 Well-Known Member

I got the same thing, only it refers to the Cobalt Card. It's your pin for accessing cash from the Cobalt Card.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

On their web site it says that transfers from credit cards MAY be charged as CASH ADVANCES to "fill" your AMEX card...so be careful...

Or it says WILL be charged as a cash advance...

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I have never had a transfer to Cobalt card treated as a cash advance. It could change, of course, but so far, so good. I have tried it with every card, just to see what they did.

I received a "change in terms" notice from Citibank saying that obtaining cash by means other than Citi checks would now be treated as cash advances, but I don't know if they are referring to Cobalt-type transactions (like PayPal and Yahoo Paydirect, or if they mean ATM cash advances). I think I will write a nice letter and ask for an expanded explanation.

breeze

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I've done transfers from all of my cards (Citibank, Am/Ex, Providian, Cap1) and none ever charged me a cash advance fee. On my statements it just says Cobaltcard.

7. Mike2

Mike2 Well-Known Member

I think that what he got was the letter explaining how to get cash advances from his Cobalt Card, and the terms thereof, along with the pin number. This is what I got yesterday from Amex. I don't think it's referring to the 'funding' procedure.

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Brad,

Did you sign up for a Cobalt Card?
    You say you don't have an AmEx card. Cobalt is an AmEx product.

breeze