AMEX Extended Payment Option?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by exotic, Sep 12, 2003.

1. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I was approved for the extended payment option on my Amex Rewards Green Card, it explains the APR, and paying over time, but it doesn't say what amount to pay monthly?? is it 3% of the total??

Let say I charge $ 2,000.00 for some rims for my car and select to pay over time, how much do I pay monthly??

Anyone =) Thanks....

2. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

anyone??? =(

3. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

Why don't you call AMEX and ask them? Be prepared, you are going to be paying through the nose for those rims. Should have just closed that card if you couldn't afford it. :(

4. rackt3

rackt3 Well-Known Member

$2,000 rims? Why?! Eh.. nevermind

No reason why you shouldn't be able to call them to find out.. even if you want to be anonymous.

5. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

How long have you had the card and what does it take to get approved for the extended payment option?

6. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

I haven't bought the rims yet, just trying to get an idea of what the minimun payment on the Extended Payment Option would be.

I did find on the Amex site that it's 1/50 of the total balance that I would extend.

And yes I can afford them! ;=)

7. Slee

Slee Well-Known Member

Yes, it' 2%. AMEX sign and travel is really confusing. You'll see what I'm talking about as soon as you defer some payments. I will never use it again.

8. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

Re: Re: AMEX Extended Payment Option?

Can you please explain before I use the Extended Payment Option?? Please....

It say's 1/50 of total balance.

I'm no math wizz, what's my minimun payment on the $ 2,000.00? is it like $40.00 a month. Will they make me pay it in FULL?

9. Slee

Slee Well-Known Member

Yes, 1/50th is equal to 2%. Your minumum payment should be $40. However, beware. Your interest rate will be prime+10.99%, thus 14.99. If you pay only the minimum, your balance will hardly decrease due to the finance charges.

10. rackt3

rackt3 Well-Known Member

Must be really nice rims