Amex Financial Request

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by t_sims224, Sep 25, 2003.

1. t_sims224

t_sims224 Well-Known Member

Has anybody ever had Amex request that you provide them with W2's, check stub, and bank statements. Mind you this is after you have had the aacount opened for months and using it, never missed a payment and in totally good standing.

2. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

NOPE, not yet. Do you have any baddies with other creditors? =)

Did they sent you a letter asking for that information? or call you?

3. arobinson

arobinson Well-Known Member

yep..sure did...they were *******s about it too...this is after we've had a plat and gold acct and skymiles acct since 2001! Just last month they wanted it...my wife and I told them to get f**ked....so they closed the account. I am in the process of suing them....for financial distress...we used the amex card for EVERYTHING..even though the lawsuit is basically frivilous...I know they will settle for a few hundred dollars for my troubles......we were never late, missed a payment etc

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

FRIVOLOUS REQUEST...unless they "SUSPECT" that you are JOBLESS AND HAVE NO MONEY...

They USUALLY don't do STUFF like that AFTER THE FACT!!!

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...BUT THEN AMEX IS THE ONE WHO THREATENED ME WITH ACCOUNT CLOSURE BECAUSE I OVER-PAID THE ACCOUNT!!!

6. kustomkat

kustomkat Well-Known Member

Amex just lowered my Skymiles Plat from 6000k to 500 for no reason....

Screw Them

kev

7. t_sims224

they did not even call i called beccause they would not allow a charge and i know i had pletny of room under my limit. So i called and they are talking it is policy and it might have something to do with my other cards. IF i had a high balance or something. I am like this is crap screw what i do with them i am cool with you. For that matter i ran up one card and paid it right back down so F-off. They said they do this at times and this is a policy. I am like you want all my bank statements, tax returns and pay stubs. This is crazy they asked for less when i got a damn car. So i told Amex to sucka fat one. That game they run is some B.S.

8. t_sims224

i am thinking about fileing a complaint with the better business buera, banking commision, FTC and the Attorney General