AMEX Gold... GOT APPROVED!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ED, Feb 23, 2001.

1. ED

ED Well-Known Member

I just got approved for the AMEX gold with no credit limit, does that mean my credit is fairly good now? Did all the dispute letters and responsable credit use finally pay off?? Am I now close to the prime market?? Please tell me I am?! Hell... slap the crap out of me cause I think I'm dreaming! :)

Sorry for my disbelief, I know this card doesnt mean much to a lot of people but This is the first card that I was able to qualify for in years that wont have like $300 balance in fees alone when I receive it and a $400 credit limit.

Thanks for all the advice from the board in patching up my credit!!! It took a while but I things are looking much better.

Ed

2. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Did you apply online right now? How is your credit now, how many negatives? What is your income, if you don't mind. Details, please. Congratulations!!

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

CONGRATS. You seem to have worked a miracle. Way to go.

roni

4. ED

ED Well-Known Member

Hi Molly:

Thanks. Actually they sent me an application in the mail. I have been repairing my credit for the last 2 years. I have 3 late payments (30 days) still on my reports, and 1 90 day late payment that shows up only on my Trans Union. All these are over 2 years old, the 90 day late is from 1997.

I have had perfect credit for the last 2 years, and my credit cards debt has been reduced about 70% in the last 2 years as well, it has been a b#tch getting all the lates removed (I had over 12 late payments) and also saving money to pay off my old credit card debts.

Also, my income is 10,000 more than what it was 2 years ago so I'm sure that helped.

Ed.

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

CONGRATS! You lucky Card member!

6. Jim Garonz

Jim Garonz Guest

Congrats!
    I was visiting this website, www.lowapr.net and they have several American Express offers. Is the Gold Card the cream of the crop? And does anybody know anything about AmEx Blue? I believe you can pay over time with that one.
    Thanks,
    JG

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They go by your history...if you ALWAYS buy $400/month, your credit limit is basically about $400...AND DON'T TRY TO SPEND $14,000 IN ONE DAY WITH-OUT CALLING TO TELL THEM!

If you always spend $8,000/month, your credit limit is basically $8,000.

I didn't want to pay the annual fee so I dumped it (AMEX GOLD). I now have AMEX BLUE.