AMEX Green Rewards..accept or decl?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by faztcobra, Aug 23, 2003.

1. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

I was kinda curious about the Amex Rewards Green card. I guess my scores have finally improved enough for AMEX to be interested in me. Mine is pre-approved with the $65 annual fee waived for the first year. My initial thought was to shred it because I don't want a card I have to pay off every month, but I've been wanting an AMEX Blue card here recently. If I accept this card, should it open the door to other AMEX cards that I'd really prefer? Any advantages to having the card in the mix on my CR? Any other positive/negative comments about this card will be appreciated.

2. faztcobra

Also, after some searching, I see that req. for acceptance include about a 580 FICO w/ no baddies in the last 2 yrs. Got that covered. Anyone know what the reqs are for AMEX BLUE?

3. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

I think 650 with no baddies and 3 years history

4. faztcobra

3 yrs, no baddies? Guess I had better wait just a little longer on this one then. Until I get some lates removed, that'd be automatic denial.

Also, how would the AMEX Green affect my utilization of avail. credit on all my cards? Since it doesn't have a preset spending limit, do they just report what your highest balance ever was? Basically, would it be wise to pull a Crap1 trick here and buy a $3k TV before the closing date and then take it back that way they report a higher amount?

5. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

YES I THINK SO, also you can call amex and ask what your limit is they will tell you