AMEX Green

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I got a preapproval letter for this a long time ago (almost two years I think), but I'm thinking about applying for this in about 6 months since I'm waiting for my recent inquiries to become old. I currently have a AMEX Optima Platinum and an AMEX Blue along with a bunch of Platinum Visa and Master Cards (no late payments ever) so I was wondering if it would be better to apply now or after 6 months? What would be my chances of approval for this card? By the way, my Blue account is a year old already so I think this would help.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CALL AMEX BLUE 1-888-BLUE-741 and ask them if they can tell you if you would be "ALREADY APPROVED" for the GREEN.

My opinion, I don't want GREEN even if "ALREADY APPROVED" for it, because I have BLUE.
    If I go for another AMEX card it will be AMEX CASH BACK WHEN I DUMP DISCOVERCARD (SINCE THEY REFUSE TO INCREASE THE CREDIT LINE WITHOUT AN INQUIRY...

3. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Why do you need this card if you already have Blue and Opt Platinum?.
    It has a $55 anual fee and must be paid in full every month.

4. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about the Green because I heard you can get free internet service as a benefit, maybe even DSL access. Free DSL access even if I have to initially pay for the modem is an incredible deal!!!

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

As far as I know, you just have to be an AMERICANEXPRESS CARD HOLDER of any kind...

6. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if they'll do an inquiry before giving me this card? The problem is that I already have 4 inquiries in the last 6 months.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IF YOU APPLY, YES THEY WILL DO AN INQUIRY.

If you already have a card with them, they may do a "SOFT" inquiry.

8. Saar

Saar Banned

And as recently discussed, if your payment history and ratio are good, you can have the APR for both the Blue and the Optima Platinum, reduced to 9.9%. They may say no at first, but eventually they'd do it if you insist.

To get an evaluation of your chances for the green, call Amex and ask to speak with an Account Manager at Centurion Bank. They'll be more than happy to let you know.

Saar

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

DSL Access

Mike, I know a snapped you a response on another message, but - immediately go to amexol.net and REGISTER either AMEX
    CARD! It will work!

ALSO - you can go to Departures.com, enter your AMEX #
    and receive access to Centurion and Platinum magazines and offers.

CYA - Dogman