AMEX Green

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how this card is reported on your credit report as opposed to credit cards? Will this card boost your FICO score more than an AMEX credit card like Blue since one is a charge card and another is a credit card?

2. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

It will report as an "open" account just as the gold account. If you also have Sign & Travel, they will report another tradeline as a "revolving" line.

3. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

By the gold account, do you mean the Blue card? Does AMEX regard the Blue to be roughly equal to their gold card in their "hierarchy" ?

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

GOLD IS NOT BLUE.

GOLD is a green with higher standards and perks, but still is pay in full, annual fee higher than green.
    BLUE is a totally different card, stated credit limit, pay in full, or pay minimum payments, no annual fee.

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I love my Personal Card ! Surprise !
    LOL

6. Richguy

Richguy Guest

Re: AMEX Heirarchy

I've wondered about Mike's second question myself. I think there is an informal heirarchy of AmEx cards:

Lower Level: AmEx Green, Optima Blue

Middle Level: AmEx Gold, AmEx Blue, Optima Platinum, AmEx Platinum Cash Rebate

Higher Levels: AmEx Platinum, "Black Card"

Any Comments?

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Agreed B UT...

I believe you are correct RichGuy - BUT - on the Charge Cards, it does not matter.

You can charge $XXXXX on any of the Charge Cards.
    It does matter more on a firm line of credit card - particularly if it is not a high limit.

8. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Re: Agreed B UT...

The "levels" of the Amex card are useless. You can have a Green card, and charge US$32K a year, or a Platinum card, and charge US$5K a year. It all depends on the membership fee you are willing to spend, and what perks you want with your card.

The Centurion card (a.k.a., black card) is a high end, very customer service oriented charge card. Amex Centurion has partnerships with all airlines, and travel related firms, and markets this card to those who spend a great deal of money on travel related items.

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

That s the Mystique of AMEX

Well said Chris. Again, ANY AMEX Charge is indeed limitless
    over time - with Jason (AMEX) saying the major pattern is the spending patterns in the first 12 months of Card Membership.

I am always thrilled to pay with my Green Card, but would be more thrilled with Gold Card, delighted with Platinum Card, friggin astonished if I ever got Centurion Card. :)

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RICHGUY

At least in your comparison - even Green Card was entitled
    RESPECTFULLY AS "LOWER LEVEL".

I gather Cross Country Bank qualifies as a true "BASEMENT" card !!!

Arf