Amex home owners

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, May 22, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

After receiving several quotes from various companies, from big names to no names, I decided to call Amex and see what they could do for me.

For even a smaller deductable and a larger insured amount they beat Allstate hands down. Allstate wanted 225 a year for minimal coverage and higher deductable, while Amex wanted 157 for lower deductable and higher coverage. I decided to go with Amex of course:)

Mom

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

EXCELLENT INFO

Mom - that was very critical information.
    AMEX depends on relationship building.

I saw the ad for AMEX mortgages, but you're past that issue. Maybe refinance w/ AMEX in 2 yrs ? :)

C ya dogman

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: EXCELLENT INFO

Hey Dog, yes I saw they also do mortgages, who would have thought that, I was surprised the did insurance, I may switch my auto as well and save a little more on home owners.

I was very impressed with their rates and as always their customer service was excellent. I originally tried to get an online quote, they got back to me the same day apologizing b/c they couldn't complete the quote online but to call them and they would complete my quote.

Now I am just waiting out my time until I can get the blue:)

Mom

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Wow. That's great mom. Amex is so awesome! They have so many products and services consumers could actually use. Unlike some card companies who only offer things like "as a valued customer, you can purchase this wristwatch or the sunglasses for only $5.95 with shipping and handling of $9.95. Thanks for being such a great customer." Thanks, but no thanks! :-D

5. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I've had Amex Auto Insurance and Renter's Insurance since 97 and I couldn't be more pleased.

Before I had Amex, my 95 Honda Accord was on my mother's insurance and I was paying $2000 a year (and that was with a multiple car discount).

I found Amex at a expo and I called. They quoted me $1000. Mind you, I was 24 at the time. So I asked if I waited until I was 25, how much would it be. She told me $700. I was THRILLED. So I switched over and have been a customer since.

I had a car accident and filed a claim and not problems at all. Go Amex (even tho they wouldn't give me a card! :( )