AMEX is SLOW!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by exotic, Sep 18, 2003.

1. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

Hey, American Express is slow at posting transactions to the accounts, both on their telephone automated system and online. I have the Rewards Greens Card, everytime I make a purchase it may take up to two days to post to my account.

On the other hand, I can make a purchase with my VISA or Master Card and it post in seconds, both online and the automated system.

I tought it was the merchant, but it's the same POS system where they ran my VISA and Master Card.

Does this happen to you or just me =)

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

1-2 DAYS IS NOT REALLY A BIG DEAL TO ME...

F.Y.I.---FLEET TAKES UP TO 10 DAYS TO POST ANYTHING!!! A CHARGE...A CREDIT...A PAYMENT

AND WHAT IS FUNNY IS THAT THEY ADVERTISE IT WILL TAKE UP TO 10 DAYS TO POST ANYTHING!!!

3. mcs7

mcs7 Member

YEP

I agree.. I just got blue cash a month ago and I usually wait 2 days for them to post. The only charge that didn't take 2 or more days was COSTCO it was on there in 12 hrs.

I also notice that the available credit is different on the sign in page than the list on the available credit summary.

Haven't figued that one out yet. I don't have any outstanding authorizations and they still don't match.

Oh well

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I have an Amex Gold & Blue. My payments usually post within 24 hours which I think is excellent.