amex ISP

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Okay I installed my Amex internet CD, thanks MP, and it seemed to install correctly, I set up my access numbers, email account etc. But when I went to try to get online using Amex, my AOL page pops up and it appears I have to sign on using AOL. Am I missing something??

Please note I am NOT very computer savy

Mom

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Momof3,
    That is simply your default "Home Page" you can easily change that and you are not required to sign in to AOL.

I assume you see the AOL sign-in page after you open up a browser. to change your home page (in MS Internet Explorer) hit the TOOLS button on the menu bar and select INTERNET OPTIONS and at the very top you can change your home page to whatever you want...my suspicions are that now it will say "www.aol.com" or something...just change it :)

Hope that helps

-Dave

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

MOM!!!!

I have been in Boston for the last three days. Just checking now. Will I see that you received The Card?????

:)

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: MOM!!!! DOG!!!!!!!

Yes I received my card today as a matter of fact, activated my card and added hubby as an "AU". I also got my score and guess what Dog?? I am now at 677, you remember when I was 540 in October, I am quite pleased:)

Mom

P.S. How was your trip??

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Lizard

I have a total of 5 tradelines that are on my report. I have NO negatives at all. My oldest revovling account is 6/99, so my reasoning codes were:

length of history
    too many inquiries
    balance/limit ratios
    too many account with balances ( funny with this one of the 5 accounts 2 have NO balances and one of the 3 remaining has a low balance)

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Lizard

One more thing, when I received the 540 in October I had 11 acounts open all with low/mid balances and one 30 day late which was inaccurate. I got the late removed and closed 6 accounts between October and the present.

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Thats GREAT!

I went to the equifax site to get my score and got charged the $12.50 on AMEX. Then I got an error message that I was already a member of equifax.... (I am a member of consumerinfo.com that gives me online equifax).

Went to consumerinfo.com and of course no comments about where to click for FICO. So, I am out the cash and still cannot access the score. MUST BE THEIR SECURITY SYSTEM!

So, I guess I'll call Equifax and maybe get tech support.

Mom- it goes to show multiple small credit accounts are not necessary - and can hurt a score.

Look at that improvement Mom - you can get a mortgage NOW. Your score will snap up with the nice AMEX Charge in addition to the revolving cards. Very wise credit load balancing.

Weren't you very COMPLIMENTED with their mailer and Card information packet? Mom0f3 Member Since 01

CYA :)

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

charge it back

AMEX can charge it back...merchandise not received...

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Dog

Yes I was very pleased with the package and of course the card, stared at it for awhile:) I also registered my account and set up my online payments in a matter of minutes. I installed the interent access but I am having trouble with that, will let hubby look into it:) Thanks again Dog, had it not been for you and Saar, I may have not sent that application in.

Mom
    member since "01" sounds so nice:)