Amex issues please help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nonametoda, Aug 31, 2016.

1. nonametoda

nonametoda New Member

Hello,

I have 3 accounts that are past due from amex ( 1.7, 2.4, and 3k)

They were all supposed to be in the hardship program where once completely paid I would be eligible for an amex card optima. I would get a year to pay the balances off. I'm paying about 249 am on each of the cards. The 3rd card somehow got messed up by the collection agency. Question is should I try to settle or will I be blacklisted forever from amex? The settlements would save about 4 months of payments but I would have to pay in full which I can't really do or makes it hard to budget that way
    Also they don't do any paid for delete either

2. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

Amex has never officially confirmed the existence of their blacklist, but many people have claimed over the years that their SSNs have been flagged in some way and they are unable to get approved for another AMEX card for a long period of time. I wouldn't let that stop you from negotiating some kind of settlement for these debts and taking care of them once and for all. That is, if you're in a financial position to do so. How much do you have set aside to put towards paying off these debts?

3. Arnie

Arnie New Member

Yeah, they definitely have a blacklist but you could call them and try to arrange something like a better payment plan.