AMEX JET Service - Centurion/Plat !

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Jul 22, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

For all you skeptical people on this board, LOL - check out the newest "benefit" from American Express for Black and Platinum Cardmembers.
    PRIVATE JET SERVICE within one hour to anyplace on the planet!

http://www.cardtrak.com/

Also, remember, now that Concorde is back in the skies, there is an automatic upgrade to Concorde Class with the purchase of a first class ticket charged to the Platinum Card. I am certain the same is true for Centurion Cardmembers. Normal first class RT from San Francisco to London is $7000. A Concorde
    connection at JFK - to London - would add another $7000. You could definitely say that even Centurion at $1000 annual fee is extremely cost effective (if you live in this stratosphere, so to speak!). LOL.

Well, Gold and Green Cardmembers still have to charge scheduled routes, like United First Class - unless we use future spending and get approval for JET SERVICE!! AMEX really did just set the industry on its rear again!

Zooming away to the next email, wishing I could arrange private jet transportation by dialing my unlisted, personal AMEX Concierge - I'll jump in the shower, be picked up by chauffeur, be jetted to Maine, pick up a lobster, and return! The lobster on the East Coast is so much more tender than the lobster I have available FRESH - 15 minutes away from me - at Fisherman's Wharf :)

AMEX again stuns the industry with their style!

c ya dogman

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU PAY MY EXPENSES $2,500 WOULD BE MORE THAN ENOUGH...I'LL GO FOR YOU!!!

DEN~BGR~SFO~DEN...I'LL CHARGE A LOT LESS THAN $7,000...

HAS TO BE DELTA & UNITED.

I wouldn't go all the way to MAINE with-out seeing my aunt, though (2-3 days)...my mother would diss-own me!!!!

If I took the first out flight...it would be at it's freshest...YOU HAVE 5 HOURS TO PICK UP YOUR FRIEND ON SEPTEMBER 5, 2001!!!

Sep 05 11:23 am
    arrive SFO
    stops: Non-stop

Class: Coach
    San Francisco (SFO) to Denver (DEN)
    Wednesday, Sep 5
    United Airlines 1098
    Boeing 777
    Sep 05 4:35 pm
    depart SFO

3. durango444

durango444 Well-Known Member

What does Amex look for to get a platinum card? As far as credit score, etc.

Thanks,
    durango

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DON'T KNOW ABOUT SCORE...but if you had the GOLD card and spent $100,000 in like 3-4 years, it would probably be yours no questions asked.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I was denied the AMEX CASH BACK PLAT with F.I.C.O. 685 (as a second AMEX card w/BLUE).

6. durango444

durango444 Well-Known Member

George,
    I'll briefly tell you why I ask. Maybe you'll have some insight. Three weeks ago I paid off all my cards, including my Platinum Optima which had a limit of 6000. I called Amex to increase the credit line so I could have one high limit card. Dumb move because the Experian report they ran was not updated. Score 657 cards still showing maxxed out. I threatened to close the card when they denied me a credit line increase. Another dumb move they wisked me to another rep. and closed the card. Two different calls later just to get it reinstated proved futile. Amazing.
    So, today my Experian is 709 and my accounts are zero balance. Should I call back and apply for another card? And if so which one do you recommend or think I can get approved for?

Thanks,durango

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

<BUMP>

Dogman you gonna' be @ SFO between 11:23 & 16:35 on 09.05.2001 to pick up your friend?
    You can mail my check for $2,500 any time.

:)

ISN'T IT NICE TO SAVE $4,500 ???

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

That's great George !