AMEX - lack of bank account info

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by starla, Aug 9, 2003.

1. starla

starla New Member

Hello...I was recently declined for AMEX Blue, and one of the reasons listed was "lack of bank account or lack of bank account information." I have both a checking and a savings account, but I didn't think bank accounts were reported on CRs, so can anyone clarify what this means?

Also, the only negatives on my CR are two 30-day lates from 2 1/2 years ago with WFNNB, for which I recently sent in a goodwill letter, hoping to get them removed. I checked my FICO scores with all 3 CBs, and it ranges from 756-758. Anyone think if I get the lates removed that AMEX will reconsider?

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

For Amex credit cards, you must have 2 cc's with 3 years perfect payment history.(Thats what Amex told me) If they listed the reason for denial the fact that you didn't put down bank accts, then that is what you must do to be approved. If they said the reason was the lates from 2 1/2 years ago, then you must do something about the lates.

So fixing 1 of 2 or 3 reasons will not do it. You need to correct whatever reasons they gave you.

3. starla

starla New Member

Thanks for your insight. I was told bank accounts were installment loans, which my most recent was paid off in April. I guess I will just have to be patient. :)

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but usually when a credit application asks for bank acct info, they are asking for info on checking and savings, not bank loan info.

You might try applying for the Amex green card, which is the charge card. You could also call Amex to verify what their minimum requirements are.

5. starla

starla New Member

Yes, you're right. Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to get clarification on what they were asking for and I misunderstood. The application asks if you have a checking account, but doesn't ask for any other information regarding the account, which if they were trying to verify, I would think they would need the name of the bank, at least.