Amex Legal help - amazing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Apr 4, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Here's something nice.

If you need an attorney to write a couple of letters to your creitors, collection agencies, credit bureaus or whatever, you can have that done for only $10!

The program is called Legal Services Plan. Membership costs $10/month, but normally this won't require more than 1 month of membership, after which you can cancel if you want to.

The deal is only available to Amex cardmembers.

The # is 1-800-245-0070.

Saar

2. Saar

Saar Banned

creitors => creditors

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

That's the beauty of being a Amex member. I was once a member in the late 70's and remember that I lost my card while on a business trip. No problem just cab ride to the nearest Amex office and received a new card on the spot.

Best regards,
    Sam

4. F.F.M

F.F.M Guest

Word of Wisdom... AMEX wants everyone to have their card so much....they will give it to anyone with a S.S # and a p.c. They have allowed not one but three different card to opened in my name and social in a different state ($187,000 give or take)...!!!!! I was a customer with them for 4 years, paid my bills and was never late, and never moved or changed my address. NEVER saw the damage they had allow happen to me until, I pulled my credit report. Might I add.. that's how they found out b/c I called and told them they had been scammed....... That's when AMEX figure out ... HEY.... we got all of these cards in this one women's name in all of these states. Ohhh well.... lets send her the bill anyway..!!! She might pay it if we can make her believe it's hers...!!!!!!! I DON'T THINK SO ..... AMEX.....!!!!!!

Point is.. they LOVE to give cards, post if you don't pay on time, allow others to charge with you name on it, find out where you person with that S.S. # really lives, then mails you a HUGE BILL... !!!!! They have got to get a new system before I will ever consider them again.....!!!!!

5. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

Saar,

I've not been impressed by their legal plan. I signed up for their legal plan back in October for precisely this reason -- sending letters to creditors and CRAs on their letterheads. But I later found out to my dismay that their attorneys are totally clueless about consumer law. You would be better off talking to pro bono help at consumer advocacy groups.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Actually I did sign up for one month, but not because I need their legal help... mine was a clear case of inability to resist their sign-up gift :)

Saar

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I have a pre-paid legal plan (not AmEx). They have experts in every field. They're handling a situation of mine right now where a judgment was granted by default - I wasn't in court because I had already settled the situation with the lawyers. The lawyers let it go to court by mistake - I never knew it (they weren't trying to collect, of course) until the *unpaid* judgment showed up on TU a few months ago.

I love it!!

breeze