Amex LOC denied:(

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I took a shot since it was soft and this wouldn't go against being on my wagon for hard inquiries. They denied me but the reasons are total crap.

Reason 1: Too many inquiries if the last 12 months, I have 3 count them 3 and this is too much????

Reason 2: Age of accounts, my oldest is 3 1/2 years followed by one at 2.3 years.

Easy approval I think not in the case for me.

CE score at the time they pulled 680, no negatives.

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

how much did you fill in for the income momof3?

I put down $85.000 , maybe that is a reason?

I work as a consultant and don't have a steady and verifiable income. But I would say $85.000 would not be to far from the truth.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I don't think my income bared any weight to this at all. Not sure what they are smoking but those reasons clearly don't make sense to me. But it was soft and I really don't need it, just wanted to try it since it appeared to have high approval ratings, oh well back to my wagon but atleast this one didn't hurt.

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Very true...

5. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear it Momof3!

6. the other

the other Well-Known Member

sorry mom, I think my fiance may have been denied too. He got the pending e-mail with prime +5.99. I keep calling the 888 number, but it still says he has no loc setup. His CreditExpert score was around 745-750.

One of his CreditExpert reasons is also the number of inquiries in the last year. he has 1 inquiry on his report.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SUPPOSEDLY ONE inquiry is BEST...better than ZERO...and better than two, three, four, etc.

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Geez Mom - I am sorry - I figured you would definitely get it!

I guess that gives me a great indication of my denial
    that is still "pending."

arf - Dogman

9. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear it Mom. But just wait until that beaut of a mortgage shows up for a few months. Take THAT AMEX LOC!! Teehee!

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Hope, yes they can shove it LOL:)

11. mj

mj Well-Known Member

:( Sorry Mom!

While I was feeling "lucky" I also tried for the Hilton card (great HHonors points program), and they denied me for the same reasons you just gave... yet they gave me a 20k LOC ??

Go figure.

It's all a numbers game, and DOES NOT reflect on your responsibility! Look how far you've come... hats off to 'ya inspite of the denial!

-mj

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks MJ, that was very sweet:) And yes I am very lucky to be where I am.

13. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Hi mom. Sorry to hear about that. I am really surprised. I hope you're doing ok AND enjoying that new home. :-D

14. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that exspecialy with that score! :(