Amex LOC members

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Oct 26, 2001.

1. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Mine has a prime + 3.9 which is now <10%.

I wrote a check out to myself also, it took about a week to clear my checking. But it cleared. But if it really turns out that it is a hidden loc, it will do wonders to my ratio.

I took advantage of the time it takes for my new lines to show up on my report. I transfered $15000 from my old high apr accounts. They are now showing a 0 balance. My citibank also still shows a 0 balance although the balance is now $9000. And I used the loc to hide $5000.

My ratio went from 80% used down to 30% used.

My score also have jumped dramatically. Thats why I applied for a FUSA platinum and the blue for business which I both got.

The blue is a business card and according to a lot of people it does not report onto my personal credit reports. That will hide another $4400. The FUSA plat has a 0% apr for 6 month.

Thats why I like this board, if not for them I would have not been able to aquire the citibank card. And without the citicard I would have not been able to shift my finances and made it appear better than it actually was.

2. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Do you know how long the Amex LOC will be hidden. Does it eventually show on your reports?

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I don't know if the loc will report as of yet. For now it's a hidden trade line. But I'll keep you guys updated.

4. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

I'm aware amex pulls a soft EX most of the time. Do you know what the minimun score is?

5. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

I have written checks on both lines which have been deposited into my checking account . All checks have been honored. I pay the line through the bill payer service attached to my checking account. No problems yet both lines still open. The phone system clearly contemplates more than one loc. After checking the balance on one there is a prompt to check another loc. My advice is lay low, access the line by check and pay on time you should be alright.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

8.40% aint' that great, but if it turns out to be really "HIDDEN"...I will jump on it...
    ...or try it for my wife first...

7. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Is this an instant approval? Also, where can I find the application?

8. jen

jen Well-Known Member

9. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Thanks Jen, the web page came up but when you click on apply you get the "page not available" message! Looks like the parties over or they are running transmittals

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

It worked for me...I got to the "FILL IN NAME, ADDRESS" page...

11. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

George ,
    I just got thru the 2nd page, hit submit and received a server error. Had to back out then i could not access it again. Did you get all the way thru and did you get a decision?

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I didn't go past "fill in name page" don't want to right now till I get more FACTS...

I have problems with my NETSCAPE with APPLICATIONS all the time...I try IE, and it works fine...

MY BT FOR BANK OF AMERICA SAID "SYNTAX ERROR", BUT THEY GOT IT...

13. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

It was difficult but I made it thru the application. I rec'd a message that the will complete my application as soon as possible and call me with a final decision. Sounds like I'm toast or is this normal verbiage that has been experienced out there? Has anyone rec'd instant approval? What # do i call to check on status?

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

INSTANT APPROVAL may not work on weekends?
    Not necessarily "TOAST"...

15. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Last Sunday (weekend) I was approved online by CITI AA for 10 grand. Computers don't care what day it is. My wife just yelled down from upstairs and she said she can smell toast burning!

16. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

You problably will get approved for the loc, wait 3 days and call this number 888-356-1006, select option 2 and use the last 4 digits of your ss# as the password.

17. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Does it normally take 3 days, the app said 60 second response.

18. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

My wife and I got 30 second DENIALS from GETSMART card...

19. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Leo. I cALED THE NUMBER YOU LISTED AND THERE WAS NO SUCH OPTION . OPTION TWO IS FOR EXISTING MEMBERSHIP BANKING ACCOUNTS.

20. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Try again. My account was just updated within the last 2 hours.