Amex LOC troubles...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the other, Oct 1, 2001.

1. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Ok, before I read on this board that some people were called and told they were only allowed 1 loc, I used 4 of mine.

Or at least I thought I did.

I made a payment to pay off one of my credit cards. The payment bounced and I was charged a $29 fee.

I am still waiting on the other two cc I paid off to see if those bounce.

What should I do? I should not have to pay bounced payment fees. I think that it is very bad of Amex no to honor the payments on account that they approved me for and sent me checks for.

Amex has not contacted me about these accounts at all.

Any ideas here? Should I wait until I see if the other two payments bounce before I call?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BETTER CALL NOW!!!

You can always call again!!!

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Call them now! Maybe you can prevent the others from bouncing. That is very bad of AmEx. The system glitch is their problem!

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You might have some problems other than $29.00...

YOU COULD HAVE "LEGAL" PROBLEMS...LIKE INVOLVING POLICE AND DISTRICT ATTORNEY (as if you were going around town "PASSING BAD CHECKS")...

5. the other

Will do!!!

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They are having PROBLEMS OF THEIR OWN...they were a block or two from the WTC, THEY HAD TO MOVE TO THEIR NEW JERSEY OFFICE...

I would "COVER" your butt by calling AMEX and the CREDIT CARD(S) you paid off!!!

7. Saar

Saar Banned

Disappointing, no doubt.

Also, One (1) returned check on a Blue account, and it's considered delinquent for a minimum of 12 months! (Delinq. APR is 17.99%).

Plus, they'd rather close a Blue 10.99% account than drop the APR by 1%, even though many cardmembers (CMs) could get the 9.99% if they re-applied. But CMs still have to give up the account history accumulated w/ the 10.99% product.

Bad things are happening there lately.

Saar

8. the other

Update

ok, I just called.

The customer service rep said that it was returned because I tried to do it as an ACH. I was using citibank's online account payment. She said if I wrote an actual check it would not have bounced.

She said she will try to get permission to credit me an equal amount as the bounced payment fee from Citibank. If she can get permission, I will need to fax them proof of the charges.

I didn't bring it up, but she did not say anything about me having more than one account. she even had to ask me the last 4 digits of the account number so that she was looking at the right account.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Update

NEVER do ACH...it says in the fine print you can't do ACH with "BALANCE TRANSFER CHECKS"...(FOR MOST CREDIT CARDS...I ASSUME THIS PRODUCT WOULD BE THE SAME)

Fine with your personal checking account.

10. the other

I thought someone had said they used this account with yahoo or paypal or one of those. That would be ACH wouldn't it?

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Don't know, but it is probably a DIFFERENT type of business...

12. Saar

Saar Banned

Yes.

Saar

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have had many "BALANCE TRANSFER CHECKS" that say you CAN'T use ACH, and you can't even call the bank and ask them to "COMPUTER TRANSFER" (THE 48 HOUR DEAL)...YOU HAVE TO MAIL IT!!!

I has something to do with the "PAPER TRAIL"...

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Now you better call Citibank. A bounced check with them is big trouble.