AMEX~LUCKY

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Apr 2, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AMEX BLUE "pre-approved" for additional card member again popped up ARN'T I LUCKY.

AMEX PLAT CASH BACK "PRE-APPROVED" WOULD BE A MORE LOGICAL ANSWER...

:(

I HAVE BEEN MAKING $900+ PAYMENTS FOR 4 MONTHS ON THE 7.90% BALANCE TRANSFER...DIDN'T HELP.

NO PRE-APPROVED CREDIT LINE INCREASE EITHER.

2. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. Amex never offers me anything. When I log in where will the offer be if any?

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

George, if you haven't got someone to be that AU, can it be me? :-D -Dave

4. Jason-AMEX

Jason-AMEX Guest

You are not going to get a pre-approved to migrate from Blue to Platinum cash rebate--that is not an "upgrade" from AMEX's perspective. Actually, Blue is the lead lending product, so any other card is "below" it. If you want cash rebate, simply apply for it and call new accounts and tell them to simply transfer your line of credit to that new account. In fact, you might even be able to "product transfer" into that account--just convert your Blue into cash rebate.

Keep in mind that the pre-approved offers are based on your tenure, spending pattern, and demographics. How is AMEX supposed to know that you want cash rebate and not the Delta skymiles card per se. The pre-approved offer is geared more towards charge card users to get them to upgrade to higher profit yielding accounts (i.e. from personal to gold.

Also, credit line increases will not populate on the pre-approved offer screen. You must access that when you are viewing your online billing statement. Simply check the hot link to "apply for credit line increase" and the screen will indicate if your are pre-approved for an increase. AMEX does not pro-activley inform you of the credit line increase unless you get a special promotion ONLY via the mail called a DCLI---Dynamic Contingent Line Increase--which virtually doubles or triples your credit line (these come via mail only every quarter--if eligible).

Hope this provides some clarification. Good luck!

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JASON-AMEX REP...

AS I TOLD YOU BEFORE...JASON--AMEX REP. I just wanted the AMEX PLAT CASH REBATE CARD to replace the DISCOVERCARD (July)...I'm sure they will for the SEVENTH YEAR not increase the credit line with-out an application and inquiry!!!

I expected it to be a SECOND AMEX CARD, NOT replace AMEX BLUE.

THANKS FOR THE INFO...