Amex main LOC! Bad news!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sph88, Sep 28, 2001.

1. sph88

sph88 Well-Known Member

As many of you here have , I also recieved multiple LOC accounts. Someone from Centurion bank just called to inform me that only 1 of them could remain open as there operating system was not set up right when they started running the promotion.They were not really even polite about it!

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Yeah i hope they don't realize they incorrectly filed the type of inquiriy "soft" and change them to hard, as they should be. Then i'd be pissed.

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I called them up today and ask them if I was only allowed 1 loc . They said yes thats true. But since it was approved and their mistake it would be allowed to stay.

I then ask for her to put in a request to raise my first loc by the amount of the second loc and then close the second one.

She put in that request and told me I will hear back from them in 5 to 6 days.

Since they might close the second loc anyway, I thought that this would be a no-lose situation for me.

4. brad

brad Well-Known Member

I received my welcome kit last Monday,still awaiting the checks?

5. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

The access check I wrote on Wednesday posted to one of the locs today. Although the other loc still shows as active with funds available on the phone system I am not going to try to access it. I havent gotten a phone call like the one above but I have a queazy feeling about the whole thing. I guess Ill just wait and see what happens. Im certainly not going to call and ask them about it however.

6. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

The way I see it eddie is that sooner or later they will confront you about the second loc. It's better if you where the one inquiring about it. It's not that we have broken the law or anything. The mistake is on their side.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WOULD USE MOST OF THE CREDIT LINE ON YOUR ACCOUNTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE...PAY A CREDIT CARD OFF WITH $24,000 EVEN IF YOU OWE $800...
    OR DEPOSIT ALL BUT $1,000 IN YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT...

If it is used, they can't really take it back...They can ASK you to NOT use it, or tell you your check will bounce...

They MAY make a SPECIAL EXCEPTION, and COMBINE ALL ACCOUNTS INTO ONE...since it was their "GLITCH"...EVEN IF YOU WOULD HAVE $75,000 OR $140,000...

8. mj

mj Well-Known Member

George--

I don't know if anyone here has said it yet, but ...

"you've got b*lls"!

God bless you- your posts make me smile!

-mj