Amex No Pre Set Limit - Green

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Mar 5, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I think I am doing well with my AMEX Personal Card. My first yr anniversary is 7/03. I use it about $2K monthly.
    I no longer use Visa or Mastercard. They are in the drawer.

I decided to "test" how much I could charge...
    I tapped in future spending, tapped in $5K - in the next 15 days. It said the merchant may ask for ID - but no problem.
    Next time I'll type in $10K and see if it goes.

Granted, I pay the Card in full every month - but I never worry about ANY RESTRICTIONS on anything! People treat you with such respect - and the benefits really are amazing.
    When you pay by Web, it does not matter what day you snap the payment. I snapped a payment on the 4th, Sunday, and it was credited on the 4th!

I sure appreciate AMEX, particularly after they issued the Card with my credit history (once they understood my health situation).

CYA
    Dogman

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Amex No Pre Set Limit - Gr

That's great Dog you are doing pretty well with them:) I just got a preapproval for the Amex green card today, of course I don't think I will get it, I have been burned too many times with so called "preapprovals", but hey you never know??

Mom

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I read your other post Mom - new credit that is perfect is approval! Then you charge whatever you can afford, and
    Eqifax, etc - all report the highest amount ever spent.

I will save up and get somehting big - then it should help the credit report even more.

Nice to chat :)

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Hi Dogman,

Where do you do this? I assume it's on their website... BTW I love my green card too.

breeze

Dogman wrote:
    >
    > I decided to "test" how much I could charge...
    > I tapped in future spending, tapped in $5K - in the next 15
    > days. It said the merchant may ask for ID - but no problem.
    > Next time I'll type in $10K and see if it goes.
    >

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

18005284800- hit future spending. cya