Amex part 108 lol

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I got a call at 9:00 am this morning, this was from the last credit manager I spoke with on Friday who honestly seemed like the only one that understood my concerns, she called to tell me that my accounts are now unrestricted and ready to go, and she would fax me the signature card if I wanted. They need the signature card for the interest checking but stated the LOC can be used and the first check will be considered my signature.

Funny after just checking my TU online they pulled 2 soft inquiries, both dated yesterday 11/2. Also she never mentioned that she found the address verification, I have a feeling they did indeed loose it and checked TU just to verify my address??????

2. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Sure sounds like it, Mom! Maybe the bad dream will turn out for the best after all. :)

Doc

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the "satisfied customer" club lol.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

thanks Doc. Yes I am about 99% sure they lost it b/c usps tried to deliver at 9:00 am and then someone signed for it at 10:30 am, so I believe someone picked it up and then it never got to the department and they couldn't turn around and say too bad we didn't get the verfication in time. She knew how highly upset I was yesterday, so I believe she made a soft well 2 soft inquiries to verify my address, thank goodnes TU has it right, but then again they had to do something since they lost it in the first place.

Thanks Leo, satisfied is a little bit of a stretch though LOL

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Finally! Glad you got things straight. Now you can go on about your way being a merry AMEX customer. I'm sure you won't have any problems from here on out!

6. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem Mom. They checked my TU report and EX report , both soft inquiries. I have to call back Monday to get everything straightened out. I thought they only worked Monday thru Friday?

Cypri:)

7. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

In a couple of months this crazy fiasco will be long forgotten. Then all what is left over will be happy memories of AMEX!!!

Although many people say that their service is on the decline, I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt. Their corporate headquarters is still damaged and they problably are hurting more than they want to admit from 911.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHILE SHE WAS ON THE PHONE...you should have asked for "THE LOWEST INTEREST RATE" on the LOC if you don't have it for your HASSLE AND/OR a few THOUSAND MORE DOLLARS ON THE LOC...