AMEX - part 3

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Oct 2, 2000.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Inspired by Jason's (Amex rep) suggestion on CardWeb, I proceeded to call AMEX Dept. of New Accounts M.O.R.E (whatever than means).

I could not get Amex Blue for insufficient credit history (it was too short). I asked the nice M.O.R.E rep to transfer $2,000 of my Optima Platinum credit limit to the Blue, and to reconsider my application for the Blue at the same time.

She told me they don't usually do this (the norm is to have the previous account closed altogether), but this time she'll do it and override the decision regarding the Blue.

Go AMEX !

Saar

2. David

David Well-Known Member

Could you please summarize your previous two parts of the AMEX trilogy?

Was your sole reason for denial (based on the denial letter received in the mail) insufficient established credit?

And how in the world did you have an Optima Platinum, but be denied for a Blue??

3. Saar

Saar Banned

David wrote:
    "Could you please summarize your previous two parts of the AMEX trilogy? "

You could try a simple string search to find my previous posts regarding this matter.

"And how in the world did you have an Optima Platinum, but be denied for a Blue??"

Structure change. To learn more about structure changes, use the same search as above - I've explained everything in previous posts.

Saar

4. Jo

Jo Guest

SAAR, PLEASE READ

Could you please part with the number to them? I need to speak to them-- kind of a semi-urget situation. If you don't want to post it, please, let me know and I'll post my email address! Thank you!

5. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: SAAR, PLEASE READ

Jo,

Here's the number for AMEX department of new accounts MORE:

1-800-947-8192

If there's anything I can do, just let me know.

Good luck!

Saar