Amex payment online

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I received my card today and added my husband as an "AU". I am having a little trouble with my account online. I registered and everything seems to be working fine, but when I went to pay my bill online I received a message that I had to call and have my check ready?? I thought I could pay online no problem since I registered my card??

Thanks

2. renee

renee Guest

it is really easy to pay them by check. I have done both(online and by check). By check befoer 1 p.m. eastern time credits at midnight!
    They may have been having some problems with the online system when you tried.

3. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Hi Mom,

Congratulations on the card! I remember when I first got mine, I kept taking it out of the drawer and looking at it :)

I don't think Amex lets you overpay your account. Since you just got the card today, there shouldn't be a balance. Maybe that's why they're having you call? Also, did you sign up to just view your acct online or set up Pay by Computer? FINALLY, certain bank account have to be set up initially over the phone, like my credit union account, for example. Ater that, you're fine.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes I was able to get in. So they don't automatically deduct from your checking account correct through a direct debit?? You have to actually give them a check number, is that correct??

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AMEX HAS BEEN WORKING ON AMEX WEB SITE A LOT LATELY...

JUST F.Y.I.

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I was able to get in and wanted to set up to pay by computer, I thought it was like other accounts I have where you just give your checking information, but this screen wanted an actual check number?? Is that how this works?? I have a balance for membership fee and rewards program , but I don't see a due date?? Sorry I am new to this card and their online system.

Thanks for the congrats

7. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Mom,

I'm trying to remember, but I think when it was first set up, I had to give them my routing number and check number. Probably for verification, but that was the only time. Yes, it does come through as a direct debit, usually the day after I make a payment (I usually do that early a.m.).

8. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Mom of 3,

I had call & set up Pay by Phone in order to pay on the internet(sounds strange...but what they said was necessary);it gives also the option to debit your checking account for cash withdrawals.

Call the 1-800 # on the back of the card for assistance & they will allow you to overpay your account(I overpaid last month on my Green because I knew what my charges were going to be).

Peace,
    Sister Girl

9. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member

I had to do the same thing as Sister Girl. Set up pay by phone and then I was ok to do the direct debit from my checking account.

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Am/Ex Debt Checking 4 Cash?

What's this about being able to debt your checking account for cash through Am/Ex???? Can someone elaborate?????

11. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks all

I was finally able to access and set up my online payment plan, thanks for all your help.

12. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks all

MP$40,

You can do this as a ATM feature,but if you access it
    there is a HEFTY charge of 3-4% of your amount.

Peace,
    Sister Girl

13. renee

renee Guest

Re: Thanks all

The first time that you pay amex by phone, they ask for a check number.Upon making subsequent payments the system will only ask if you want to use the checking account information that they have on file.

14. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

MOM / Ain't IT FUN? / NET INFO

I am very proud of you- interesting how many things will come your way now :) I bet Hubby is PROUD of MOMof3!!!!

cya - I read the messages B4 responding - I see you got connected on the NET and check online - a one time setup.

Mom - I know I have mentioned this B$ about AMEXOL.net.
    ADS.

If you want to turn them off (YUP) -
    do the following 2 steps while connected to amexol.net

1. hit control-alt-delete
    2. a menu will come up - GLUONS will be highlighted
    3. click end task

Now you have pure highspeed internet on a network that is NOT OVERCROWDED.

cya dog