amex personal card application

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by joey123, Aug 10, 2003.

1. joey123

joey123 Well-Known Member

very anxious right now. Just applied for the amex personal card...woman processed the app. and said need more time to process. Said i will recieve something in the mail in 3 to 4 weeks....The rep told me to call new accounts tomorrow to get some news.

Is this a big "D" ...or could i actually have a shot here. Last 2 times i applied they said i was declined right there....i hope i get in with them...

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

1-800-641-2400
    1-800-962-7227

One of the numbers is 8am to 9pm EASTERN...the other is 24/7 (I THINK)...I don't have it notated on my paper I wrote it on...

3. joey123

joey123 Well-Known Member

thanks george...

i hope i get the card. If for no other reason than to prove myself to amex so i can eventually get the optima or blue cards...ill give em a call tomorrow on my lunch hour...i'm sure im going to have to do alot of talking to a loan officer cause all my credit is fairly new and i do have 2 negs on eq which is who they pulled. However i have the letters that i can fax to amex to show that the negs should have been deleted. Given the negs my eq fico was 712 so my fingers are tightly crossed

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: amex personal card application

AUTOMATED...type in SS#...