Amex Platinum Charge

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ChesterR, Sep 11, 2003.

1. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Amex Platinum Charge

Chase isn't one of them. I recently got a Chase Plat and the initial line was $2k. I called them up and told them that wasn't enough...how was I gonna transfer anything to them with such a low CL? They immediately doubled to $4k. Hopefully in 6 months or so, I can get them to give me a $10k CL, or at the very min, double to $8k.

I completely agree. After seeing everyone's example on this board and my own personal example...once subprime, always subprime seems to be the case. Are all of Cap 1's cards subprime or is their Plat card ok?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Amex Platinum Charge

It is an AIRLINE CARD...I don't think you can use it for hotels...but you can get miles for car rentals and hotels...AMONG MANY OTHER WAYS...

F.Y.I. there are 2 hotel cards from AMEX...HILTON & STARWOOD
    http://www66.americanexpress.com/ca...=0/20/b/2/2583728690/255175204574/20/n&from=0

ONE IS FREE THE OTHER ONE IS $30 FOR THE YEARS AFTER FIRST YEAR FREE...

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Amex Platinum Charge

There is a $55.00 card and a FREE card...the $55.00 card you can only spend up to $60,000 per year and get miles...the GOLD is $100,000 purchase limit for $85.00

There is a FREE DELTA card BUT you get 1 mile per $2.00 of purchases (50%)

UNITED VISA CARD $60.00
    UNITED GOLD VISA $85.00

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Capital One has several different platinum cards.

There are the toy "platinum" Visa and MC with annual fees, which they issue only to collect the annual fees.

Then there are the real platinum cards without annual fees, where they actually offer you credit and make their money that way. Some of those cards are very good.

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

My Cap One Plat is $5900 CL - and is STUCK THERE.
    I even pfb to change over to the REAL NO HASSLE at $7500 or at least make this card $7500.
    No balance....hmmmmm....
    Its reporting a respectable $5323 high balance and long history. But, I started with partially secured card, got another low card, combined or cancelled, got manual intervention - and finally ended up at $5900.
    My purchases are 8.14% (from statement)
    and cash is at about 11%. They continually send me no fee Capital PURCHASE checks - where I can borrow at 8.14%. Good to have in an emergency - but when I am thrilled about EARNING 2% at ingdirect.com - I will leave the Cap One checks for an emergency.
    ----------------------------
    AMEX Platinum Charge - well - after 4 yrs perfect pyments with AMEX, and a credit record that will be clean in a couple of weeks - hopefully - I could actually get a pre approved offer from AMEX.
    BUT - I still like GOLD Rewards at $150 instead of $395 annually for the fabled Platinum Charge. BUT, I have waited 7 years for the credit where I might actually get the Platinum Card. YUP - of course I will pay that fee.
    BLUE CASH - well, I read in Consumers that it is very difficult to actually earn 5% back, without carrying a balance at a higher rate. BUT - I would look into BLUE CASH as well.

-----------------------------
    The most STUNNING CARD in my wallet is the $5K limit regular JCB CARD. They are an honest bank - so to speak. They use the old time BankAmericard
    standards:
    interest rate is V - now 12.75%
    DIFFERENCE: Everybody who gets the card gets the rate. I get 12.75 - you get 12.75 - everybody with the JCB SILVER pays that rate if they revolve.
    DIFFERENCE: 1% CASHBACK - they automatically give you points back which can then be used to pay a bill or actually convert to cash. They credit the cash each month. No enrollments, no hassles. DONE.
    They DO NOT have a website for payment - which is a limitation. BUT - get this - (Remember this is Japan's AMEX) - I could go downtown in 20 minutes and go into the JCB PLAZA LOUNGE - and hand over my JCB CARD and payment to the JCB Customer Associates. I could also learn Japanese in that Lounge.
    The card is a knockout - easily more stunning than even the AMEX Platinum Charge. But the problem of course is the limited acceptance in the US and where you need to live to obtain JCB.
    They report immediately to all the bureaus - limit and all the right information.

I think I want to go for a Visa Signature - but that will be it. AMEX/MC/VISA/JCB - yup that will give me the flexibility to go Worldwide.

Wait a minute - I already HAVE an AMEX/MC/VISA/JCB.....hmmmmm :)
    I am just dreaming you kids - I sure there will be issues getting my final negs removed - but I have done all the necessacry things - so I hope 10/10/2003 - the DOGMAN is CLEAN and will have perfect credit.

ARooooo - dreaming of that Platinum hydrant arf pant pace arf arf

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Dogman, looks like a plan to me!

My goals are to get prime cards AMEX/MC/VISA/AMEX Blue or the Delta one.

No JCB yet but I do live in a city where JCB will accept applications. May do it if I ever go to the Pacific again.

My reports are totally clean. Just have to do the following-

Reduce the cc debt a bit more.

Have 3 inqs that will hit the 6 month age soon. These were the results of mortgage rate shopping.

Let my Target Visa reach the two year mark.

The Cap 1 card is my oldest TL at 6+ years (current rate 15.24). Followed by the Providian PLT at 3 years old and a Providian MC at 2 years old. Jeeze all high APRs but perfect payment history.

Like I posted before it feels weird to have a clean record for the first time in my life. It's so weird that I'm almost anal about applying for anything. Da Wife thinks I have rocks in my head with this cc stuff. Hell driving to work I have this grin on my face as I know my CRs are clean.

Best regards,
    Mirage

7. nickpaige

nickpaige Well-Known Member

I guess I might be an exception. I had a toy plat from Cap1. It had a $300 limit for three years - although, no annual fee. So, I PFB Cap1 earlier this year and state that I cannot use the card since the CL is too low. They replied and uped it to 1K. That was six months ago, roughly. I haven't used the card since last fall - but - last week they increased to 4K with a BT. So, I guess you can build CLs from the toy cards. My CL has increased 13x since January. Plus, my interest rate is now 4.99% until a goto of 9.99% in '04.

However, the CLI never came automatically. I had to ask for the first and BT for the second.

8. nicotrol2

nicotrol2 Member

If you are looking for prestige, try the AmEX Centurian Card (its black). You need to charge $100,000 in a single year to qualify and the annual fee is over $2000.

9. nicotrol2

nicotrol2 Member

If you are looking for prestige, try the AmEX Centurian Card (its black). You need to charge $150,000 in a single year to qualify and the annual fee is over $2000.

10. nicotrol2

nicotrol2 Member

If you are looking for prestige, try the AmEX Centurian Card (its black). You need to charge $150,000 in a single year to qualify and the annual fee is over $2000.

11. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

speaking of funny toy cards, chase gave me a chase plat for 800$ and 1 month later approved me for stockback with a 10,000CL. I will NEVER understand how they choose your limit:)

12. blkcarded

blkcarded Active Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Amex Platinum Charge

If you are looking for prestige go with platinum amex.. Nobody has ever seen this card before. Every time I use it I get questions... Not ooohs and ahhhs. Just oh this is different. I havent seen this before.

Centurion is an awesome card and I wouldnt trade the free companion tickets in 1st class nor would I give up after hours shopping at some damn good stores. But as far as a normal person recognizing this card as anything special... it just doesnt happen.

http://profiles.yahoo.com/blkcarded