AMEX Platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, Aug 11, 2003.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Re: Re: AMEX Platinum

Since I have this card now, should I get rid of Blue???

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

well the blue is a nice product.. i'd keep it. It's far purtier ;)

I do have an amex platinum delta skymiles card business platinum ($80/yr), i wonder if the services are the same. Since i have another business card they reduced the rate.

i did notice if i buy something up to $10000 ($50K per year), that if its lost or damaged in the first 90 days i get it back.

That rate seems a little higher than my other platinum cards .

What do you get different from say my $80/yr Amex skymiles platinum and your amex platinum?

3. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I think the main differences with the Platinum card are:

Airport Lounge Access (Continental, Delta, Northwest)
    Complimentary Starwood Gold status
    Free enrollment in Car Rental Premium programs

Gold Card Events
    By Invitation Only Events

Private Jet Service
    Limousine Program

Free Membership Rewards

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

That Delta Skymiles Platinum card is essentially an Optima Platinum card with some mileage rewards. It's far removed from the AmEx Platinum CHARGE card, which offers an entirely different level of service.

5. CHelleNY

CHelleNY New Member

I know this threat is really old but....

I just wanted to clear something up that I often see when I people are discussing what is needed for an Amex Platinum.

I was invited by American Express to have their platinum card in my mailbox about once a month on average from the age of 21 until I caved in at the age of 26. I did not own any American Express cards. You do not need to have an Amex to get invited to platinum. I believe my two cards were a platinum capital one visa, and some platinum Citi Master Card. Both had relatively high limits on them for my age. I had outstanding credit with no loans, and I always put my college tuition on my cards for points. I would pay it off in the same month. Basically a good credit limit and high spending on any card and they pretty much know about you.

6. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

The post you bumped is SIX years old.

A lot changes in six years.

7. chiroman95

chiroman95 Well-Known Member

Isn't the fee for that card $450 per year???